Nintendo in 2012: Cut off all support of the Wii and make everyone buy a Wii U!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo in 2012: Cut off all support of the Wii and make everyone buy a Wii U!
2 years ago#1
Truth? I think so.
Get Good Kid.
2 years ago#2
Just like with all their previous consoles...
According to a certain troll I'm in possession of a time machine, as he claims he can prove I live with my mum... who died in 2002.
2 years ago#3
squatch22 posted...
Just like all previous consoles...

Fix'd
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
2 years ago#4
I don't think so.
I think it had more to do with the fact that they already released 2 Mario platformers, 2 Zeldas, Mario kart and smash, so there was really nothing left to make as far as Nintendo is concerned.
2 years ago#5
2 years later...
NNID/Steam: Bezlaskez
2 years ago#6
Yes that is true. Nintendo has a poor track record of sticking by systems once they release their next console. Nes lasted 3 years with new releases after Super Nes came out, Super Nes lasted 1 year with new releases after N64 came out. N64 stopped having Nintendo games 6 months before Gamecube even released and Gamecube got it's last Nintendo title(not counting third party) one month after wii launched. I like Nintendo games, but Nintendo is terrible compared to Sony when it comes to sticking by their systems
Sega Fan for Life
2 years ago#7
Yeah, basically.
2 years ago#8
The Mario Kart Wii purge is coming in May.
Please Understand.
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
2 years ago#9
n00bsaib0t posted...
squatch22 posted...
Just like all previous consoles...

Fix'd

How do you "fix" something by making it incorrect?
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
2 years ago#10
Izraeil posted...
I don't think so.
I think it had more to do with the fact that they already released 2 Mario platformers, 2 Zeldas, Mario kart and smash, so there was really nothing left to make as far as Nintendo is concerned.

I dreamt of playing those other 1st party titles then?

On topic, they handled it badly but I don't know if there was logic behind it. They seem to lack that in general lately.
http://i.imgur.com/8t1rzi1.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo in 2012: Cut off all support of the Wii and make everyone buy a Wii U!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived