Nintendo in 2012: Cut off all support of the Wii and make everyone buy a Wii U!

#11toad133Posted 4/12/2014 4:43:12 PM
Back in 2012 they were in panic mode trying to save the 3DS, hence the Wii ignore bar Zelda.

Now this has hit the Wii U as well.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#12squatch22Posted 4/12/2014 4:44:26 PM
jackorhoads posted...
The Mario Kart Wii purge is coming in May.

Which is a service they don't own being shut down...
---
According to a certain troll I'm in possession of a time machine, as he claims he can prove I live with my mum... who died in 2002.
#13kaliskonigPosted 4/12/2014 4:45:11 PM
ZatchBell posted...
Yes that is true. Nintendo has a poor track record of sticking by systems once they release their next console. Nes lasted 3 years with new releases after Super Nes came out, Super Nes lasted 1 year with new releases after N64 came out. N64 stopped having Nintendo games 6 months before Gamecube even released and Gamecube got it's last Nintendo title(not counting third party) one month after wii launched. I like Nintendo games, but Nintendo is terrible compared to Sony when it comes to sticking by their systems

That's because Sony can just make a game on a previous system and port it to the better console 6 months later.
---
3DS FC : 0688-5265-1189
PSN: Alksheperd
#14IcedEarthaholicPosted 4/12/2014 4:46:03 PM
As much as I love Nintendo, this nails it.
---
For all things Fatal Frame join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#15n00bsaib0tPosted 4/12/2014 4:47:48 PM
Solis posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
squatch22 posted...
Just like all previous consoles...

Fix'd

How do you "fix" something by making it incorrect?

All consoles have a plan in place to stop support eventually when the new one comes out. It's 100% correct.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#16ZatchBellPosted 4/12/2014 4:50:35 PM
PS3 and Xbox 360 are going to outlive the wii by several years and may even eventually outsell or match the wii's 100 million units sold. I think Nintendo dropped support of wii prematurely.
---
Sega Fan for Life
#17SolisPosted 4/12/2014 5:35:27 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Solis posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
squatch22 posted...
Just like all previous consoles...

Fix'd

How do you "fix" something by making it incorrect?

All consoles have a plan in place to stop support eventually when the new one comes out. It's 100% correct.

"Eventually" does not mean "The same year the new console releases". Many consoles have had continued support for years after a new one is released. It's absolutely deceptive to suggest that no system receives support after a new platform is launched.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#18DorotimusWitikPosted 4/12/2014 5:45:13 PM(edited)
ZatchBell posted...
PS3 and Xbox 360 are going to outlive the wii by several years and may even eventually outsell or match the wii's 100 million units sold. I think Nintendo dropped support of wii prematurely.

Considering that the Wii was mostly old tech when it came out, it lasted more than long enough. It's just a shame Nintendo mistook the success of the Wii to mean that an out of phase console is a guaranteed money maker.

Anyway, while the Wii may not be getting games anymore, it's not like Sony and Microsoft are the ones providing new games for their respective last gen consoles either. It's mostly third parties that are still supporting the consoles.
#19Waggy17Posted 4/12/2014 6:25:21 PM
ZatchBell posted...

I highly doubt that either console will reach your sales prediction.
---
PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg
#20ZatchBellPosted 4/12/2014 7:09:37 PM
Microsoft has stated they want xbox 360 to hit the 100 million mark. Sony has stated they plan to support PS3 through 2015. A dramatic price drop may lead these systems to reach that bench mark. I would state however that Nintendo could have milked wii for a bit longer especially during 2013, it lost money by not supporting the system.
---
Sega Fan for Life