What would have to happen to stop you from buying Nintendo systems?

#1iKhan88Posted 4/12/2014 10:00:28 PM
Speaking from where we are right now for myself:

Nintendo would have to stop making handhelds. And their console games would have to stop being what I look for with Nintendo. Honestly right now Nintendo is dangerously close to that point with the Wii U. Aside from The Wonderful 101, there isn't a single game on Wii U that I really want, and the system has been out for nearly 1 and a half years. And what's worse, Aonuma may actually make Zelda Wii U into a 2D Zelda as well.

What about you? What would keep you away from Nintendo systems. Note that this means not picking up Nintendo consoles AT ALL.
---
"That does not excuse the things we have done. It is merely a motive, not a justification" --Kratos Aurion
#2LightHawKnightPosted 4/12/2014 10:07:26 PM
All of Nintendo's Headquarters would have to be nuked.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#3AstralFrostPosted 4/12/2014 10:08:35 PM
The following:
- console with much lower specs than competition
- region lock
- non standard optical media
- shoddy account/online
- lack of games (both first and third party)
- rely on gimmick controls
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#4lazer_licePosted 4/12/2014 10:10:10 PM
It already happened .
#5RatheVPosted 4/12/2014 10:12:16 PM
Honestly, Wii U is heading that way for me. I'm not sure exactly what the tipping point is, but basically, it's pretty plain to see they're putting a lot more effort into the 3DS than the Wii U. Of course, this can still change.

Not that I'm just going to throw my hands up in the air and say 'I won't buy this next console' - they're just going to have to really get things right, or have a couple of must-have games, to convince me.
#6Gforce_reloadedPosted 4/12/2014 10:13:08 PM
If they stopped making handhelds (need a pokemon fix even if everything else was shovelware, fortunately the 3DS isn't). What they are currently doing is enough to keep from buying a Nintendo home console anytime soon.

A 2D zelda would be fine, especially if it's something like a link between worlds except much longer. Though they'd have to fix a lot of other issues for me to be sold on that system, and I doubt they ever will or are even interested in doing such things.
#7arstosPosted 4/12/2014 10:25:56 PM(edited)
They would have to stop making zelda, or turn it into a hack and slash dmc/gow clone (all Zelda, I could handle a spin off like that)
---
PSN:Dragonlibrarian Steam:Dragonlibrarian7 NNID:Dragonlibrarian
#8ElectricMolePosted 4/12/2014 10:35:03 PM
arstos posted...
They would have to stop making zelda, or turn it into a hack and slash dmc/gow clone (all Zelda, I could handle a spin off like that)

uh oh
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#9googlerPosted 4/12/2014 10:37:03 PM
AstralFrost posted...
The following:
- console with much lower specs than competition
- region lock
- non standard optical media
- shoddy account/online
- lack of games (both first and third party)
- rely on gimmick controls

I c wut u did there...and I like it
#10RecursosHumanosPosted 4/12/2014 10:38:21 PM
The only thing they need to do to stop me from getting anymore Nintendo console is to stop making any more Zeldas. In fact, if Nintendo stops making Zelda games I will most likely give up on gaming altogether.
---
Diamond: 1333-8873-8269