The problem isn't the console...

#1HayashiTakaraPosted 4/14/2014 4:56:04 PM
When will people realize that the console itself isn't the issue. It's marketing on top of poor 3rd party relationships, 3rd party will properly develop for the console if the relationship is good, unfortunately Nintendo still hasn't developed a solid relationship with western 3rd parties (EA, Activision, etc)
#2DorotimusWitikPosted 4/14/2014 4:56:52 PM
And how is Nintendo supposed to get that kind of relationship exactly?
#3GuhGatPosted 4/14/2014 4:57:42 PM
Why would any third party develop for this console, good relationship or not?
#4HayashiTakara(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 5:04:57 PM
GuhGat posted...

The same reason why any developer would develop for a new console, you need to give incentive for them to develop with a good relationship. Why did the developers choose to develop games for the PS4/XBOne, when there was no guarantee of success? easy because there was good relations.

DorotimusWitik posted...
And how is Nintendo supposed to get that kind of relationship exactly?

Money
#5Prince ShondronaiPosted 4/14/2014 5:06:39 PM
GuhGat posted...

If numerous big-name 3rd-parties were developing exclusively for it, it'd be the cheapest console on the market with the largest game library, which would propel sales. They'd save a lot on game development too, given that they could reuse tools, workstations, and experience gained during the last generation.
---
Oh, hi. I've forgotten your name, but my point is: Your head's on fire.
#6GuhGatPosted 4/14/2014 5:09:28 PM
Developers can do something with ps4/one that they can't with wii u/ps3/360. Unless you consider the gamepad which everyone hates anyways.
#7Prince ShondronaiPosted 4/14/2014 5:14:05 PM
GuhGat posted...
Developers can do something with ps4/one that they can't with wii u/ps3/360.

Go bankrupt?
---
#8GuhGatPosted 4/14/2014 5:18:40 PM
Prince- good profits and cash flow doesn't, unfortunately, mean the customers are benefiting. Nintendo might be rich, but are people really happy with them right now? Does there cash make you happy? If they did the right thing with it, sure. But they're are slowly killing themselves. I wish I could say that the cash in their bank makes the wii u somehow less terrible than it is.
#9Prince ShondronaiPosted 4/14/2014 5:31:55 PM
GuhGat posted...
Prince- good profits and cash flow doesn't, unfortunately, mean the customers are benefiting. Nintendo might be rich, but are people really happy with them right now? Does there cash make you happy? If they did the right thing with it, sure. But they're are slowly killing themselves. I wish I could say that the cash in their bank makes the wii u somehow less terrible than it is.

Their games make me happy. 3rd-party games also make me happy.

You know what doesn't make me happy? When my favorite 3rd-parties destroy themselves with unnecessarily large budgets, because they feel the need to keep up with the few developers who can actually make a profit from that business model.

Nintendo has all of their money for a reason. They play things conservatively and never get ahead of themselves. Sometimes that means they don't seem to measure up to the competition, but if it means they get to keep providing me with games while others disappear, I'm fine with that.

More 3rd-parties are going to go bankrupt this generation because they think they need to spend enough to max out the PS4 and XBO, when in fact they should be rallying behind Nintendo's approach.

If we had a balanced 3rd-party support situation, with the struggling Japanese publishers on Wii U and the publishers capable of turning a profit from state-of-the-art tech supporting the PS4 and XBO, there'd be more games and a healthier industry overall.
---
#10googler2Posted 4/14/2014 5:37:10 PM
Considering that it doesn't really match the performance of the newest consoles, I would say it is a problem and I think it's to a lesser extent a problem for Microsoft too. Aside from playing Nintendo games - which aren't for everyone's tastes, what else does it have going for it? There's a reason why games get ported in parallel to the 360 and PS3 versions as opposed to Xbone and PS4's and the old consoles are getting many more games