Honestly, people should cancel their Smash Bros. Wii U pre-orders

#1Dark World RulerPosted 4/14/2014 5:26:51 PM
Even if you plan to buy it day one, I suggest just not pre-ordering it. Why? If Nintendo sees low pre-order sales, they'll be forced to give more incentive to pick up the Wii U version. Right now though, they think that Smash Bros. fans are absolutely fin with the 3DS and Wii U versions aiming for parity.
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#2GeneraLightPosted 4/14/2014 5:29:10 PM
Good thinking.
#3BaronVladzPosted 4/14/2014 5:32:06 PM
Are there even incentives to pre-ordering Smash Bros?
#4GeneraLightPosted 4/14/2014 5:34:45 PM
BaronVladz posted...
Are there even incentives to pre-ordering Smash Bros?

Possible pre-order bonuses down the line.
#5AhnoldDoodPosted 4/14/2014 5:37:15 PM
So people shouldn't preorder so Nintendo could do... what? Make pre order bonuses? Where does this lead to?

Assuming that preorders matter that much at all?
#6The_DOAMPosted 4/14/2014 5:39:01 PM
Wow ingenious!!

However for the majority of 3ds Smash owners this will be their very first entry into the series so a summer release is best as it doesn't bog them down with other games choices in the same period like the holidays would and gets the maximum amount of new users introduced to Smash. Hopefully making them lifelong fans this also gives word of mouth and other means to spread the blessed word of Smash across the 3ds base unhindered. Seeing how the 3ds is currently the best selling system with the broadest audience ranging from Sony Ponies, Xbot dudebros, PC master race elitists, and of course the everyman/woman this would spread Smash wide and far.

Smash Wii U is more of a gift to current fans of Smash not designed to bring in people but rally the base and seeing how the 3ds version will be for new people the Wii U version makes more sense to come out later as it maximizes sales for the both of em'. Those people freshly introduced to Smash may be enticed to be a Wii U due to the content and graphics which is rather plausible seeing how most camps other than Nintendo are obsessed with graphics. Fully expect more Nintendo should go third party posts after the 3ds version is released and right up and after the Wii U version.

But your plan is cool too
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#7Sad_FacePosted 4/14/2014 6:01:27 PM
Relax dude, it's Sakurai. He's going to make a damn good game no matter what. And playing SSB in HD with your friends without the need of them having their own system is more than enough of an incentive to buy SSB4U. So don't fret, it's going to do just fine.
---
http://i.imgur.com/YYsr5Fo.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Ggm1rlp.gif
#8hydra_dragonPosted 4/14/2014 6:15:39 PM
Or you could buy it off the eshop at midnight...
---
Snitches are everywhere on GameFAQs
#9CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 4/14/2014 6:18:54 PM
I never pre-order anything.

I think its such poison. Games get their funding cut before they're even finished, and don't get the chance to win over players.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#10AstralFrostPosted 4/14/2014 6:27:39 PM
Agreed, everybody should buy the 3DS versions and not bother with the Wii U one.

Oh everybody was already doing that? Well, then.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself