Nintendo and E3...

#1Christopher BelmontPosted 4/15/2014 10:16:39 PM
I still see a lot of people on here talking about what they'd like to see at E3 and such...

Is Nintendo going to be present at E3 this year? I seem to remember hearing they weren't even going to bother... Since we get directs and all.
---
When the going gets tough, kick going in the balls!
#2wombatkiddPosted 4/15/2014 11:09:20 PM
Not sure where you would have heard that since they haven't made any announcements at all regarding e3 and probably won't until may.

Not sure why doing an e3 direct that has as much stuff in it as a stage presentation would doesn't count as them presenting now either, but that's a completely separate issue.
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#3Chocobo115Posted 4/15/2014 11:16:29 PM
Hopefully, would give them more exposure than last year.

Just doing a Nintendo direct is kinda poor form since they won't reach the people who aren't die hard fans and know all about Directs.
---
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
#4VanderZooPosted 4/15/2014 11:20:04 PM
I hope they have a proper conference, directs just aren't as exciting as live presentations with crowd reactions.
#5AceMosPosted 4/15/2014 11:40:37 PM
nintendo was at E3 last year infact they had the largest presence at E3
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#6VidgmchtrPosted 4/15/2014 11:48:22 PM
VanderZoo posted...
I hope they have a proper conference, directs just aren't as exciting as live presentations with crowd reactions.

Don't count on it.
#7VanderZooPosted 4/15/2014 11:49:13 PM
Vidgmchtr posted...
VanderZoo posted...

Don't count on it.

I'm not.
#8Darkfire_31Posted 4/16/2014 12:38:10 AM
Frankly, I'm hoping for a return of the E3 store demo. I really loved that experience and enjoyed talking to the Nintendo Rep about stuff. Also, the 3D World demo and Mario Kart 8 demo sold me on buying a Wii U during last years boxing day sale. It's not often that you get that kind of experience.

Would a classic E3 press conference be good?
Yeah, but with Nintendo Directs I'm getting what I need so I can live with out it. E3 Press conferences have a lot of unneeded pandering that I can't stand anyway, like Usher in 2012, or other assorted pandering to an audience for applause. Yeah, I'm fine with an E3 store demo and a Nintendo Direct.
---
I miss content unlocked through effort, not money.
#9ScaldedBeaverPosted 4/16/2014 12:55:53 AM
When was the last time Nintendo was not at E3? Is there any reason to believe that they wouldn't be this year?

With that said, I also hope they make a press conference this year. We have had a lot of ND:s already, and it would be nice to get something different for the special occasion that E3 is. Not counting on it though.
#10Muddy_ApePosted 4/16/2014 2:39:05 AM
They don't need to do a regular conference. People seem to forget that Nintendo was well represented at E3 last year.

Nintendo took up the largest area on the show floor at last years E3.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/media/34020/4/1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mQuqRTr.jpg
http://operationrainfall.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/E3-2013-Nintendo-Booth-2.jpg

Nintendo also held two closed events at last years E3, one for American distributors and another closed hands-on event for Western gaming media. Nintendo also rolled out their E3 game demos through nationwide Best Buy events letting the general public get hands on time with the games.

The Nintendo Direct is much better overall anyway because all the business/statistics talk during the regular press conference is boring as hell. I much rather prefer the Direct because they get right to the games.
---
NNID/PSN: GDoobah
http://i.imgur.com/6qxWz.jpg