Would you like Nintendo more if they merged with Sony?

#1knightimexPosted 4/16/2014 6:14:24 AM
Mario, Metroid, Smash, Link, etc on ps4. You like? - Results (345 votes)
God YES!
37.97% (131 votes)
Hell no.
62.03% (214 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Nintendo is having a hard time with the wii u, mainly because of the lack of 3rd party support, and to some extent lower quality in graphics.

If Nintendo merged with Sony would that make you happy?
---
Funniest Battlefield 4 picture ever.
https://i.imgur.com/dAYariw.jpg
#2vanguard29Posted 4/16/2014 6:16:14 AM
no, i wouldnt be more happy, but a lot worse things could happen.
---
"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you." - Malcolm Reynolds
#nintendoomination
#3knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 6:16:51 AM
vanguard29 posted...

A lot better things could also happen.
---
Funniest Battlefield 4 picture ever.
https://i.imgur.com/dAYariw.jpg
#4Mannike54Posted 4/16/2014 6:18:14 AM
Holy crap that would be the best thing. I have no idea how it would work but I love them both so.
---
Steam: synthsequence | Origin: elsidsynth | PSN: Mannike54 | Nintendo: synthsequence | Friend Code: 4527-9231-7570 | XBL: synthsequence
#5Crono19Posted 4/16/2014 6:18:17 AM
Allowing a single company to dominate the gaming industry would be horrific. Competition breeds better experiences for us gamers. People need to realize that.
---
I'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.
#6vanguard29Posted 4/16/2014 6:18:26 AM
knightimex posted...
vanguard29 posted...

A lot better things could also happen.

like what? (i am assuming the situation is that nintendo is going to be absorbed) of course ninty staying solo is best, even if its as third party.
---
"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you." - Malcolm Reynolds
#nintendoomination
#7Tom_Green_IIPosted 4/16/2014 6:38:51 AM
For the last couple of years, Nintendo seems like they're doing everything in their power to screw themselves over. Their hardware is miles behind the competition, and their software is declining in quality because of it.

Sony took the PS3, a console that by all means should have taken them out of the console game, and turned it around spectacularly and ended up in second place last gen (maybe even first, provided the sales steadily increase).

If Nintendo merged with Sony, it would be gaming heaven. People will have PS+, all kinds of discounts and free games, as well as competent hardware able to run whatever third party developers throw at it, while still getting the wonderful games Nintendo is well known to create. Not only that, but with Sony taking care of the hardware side of things, Nintendo is free to allow that creative strain they're well known for to 'go crazy', and come up with wild and interesting gameplay ideas (Hell, they can even make their own whacky peripherals for the hardware, exclusive to their games or something).

As it stands, Sony is doing fine without Nintendo, but Nintendo needs Sony like a diabetic needs insulin.

That is, unless they're completely fine with underselling the Gamecube., and steadily dwindling consumer support.
#8Tayl0rpwnzPosted 4/16/2014 6:42:04 AM
I wouldn't care either way. Unless Zelda and metroid are involved.
#9Chocobo115Posted 4/16/2014 6:44:08 AM
Best of Both worlds. Nintendo's games on Playstation hardware.
---
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
#10b1gt0nePosted 4/16/2014 6:44:20 AM
Tom_Green_II posted...
For the last couple of years, Nintendo seems like they're doing everything in their power to screw themselves over. Their hardware is miles behind the competition, and their software is declining in quality because of it.

Sony took the PS3, a console that by all means should have taken them out of the console game, and turned it around spectacularly and ended up in second place last gen (maybe even first, provided the sales steadily increase).

If Nintendo merged with Sony, it would be gaming heaven. People will have PS+, all kinds of discounts and free games, as well as competent hardware able to run whatever third party developers throw at it, while still getting the wonderful games Nintendo is well known to create. Not only that, but with Sony taking care of the hardware side of things, Nintendo is free to allow that creative strain they're well known for to 'go crazy', and come up with wild and interesting gameplay ideas (Hell, they can even make their own whacky peripherals for the hardware, exclusive to their games or something).

As it stands, Sony is doing fine without Nintendo, but Nintendo needs Sony like a diabetic needs insulin.

Lol joke post of the day

That is, unless they're completely fine with underselling the Gamecube., and steadily dwindling consumer support.

Lol joke post of the day