Question about multiplat support for the Wii U

#1Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/16/2014 7:51:27 PM
I've been noticing a lot of the multiplat games the Wii U receives ports from the Xbox 360/PS3;however, none from the games only available on the One or PS4 are ported to the Wii U. So once the developers stop making games for the 360/PS3, will multiplat support for the Wii U basically go away? I'm weighing heavily on the purchase but don't want to buy a console that will not have any support other than 1st party in the future. Thanks.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#2king_maddenPosted 4/16/2014 9:20:33 PM
im thinking its gone to further shrink down. devs have a reason to release multiplats across ps4/ps3/360/xb1, but they dont really have much of a reason to do so on the wiiu.

they can probably think of more cons than pros if they thought about it.
#3lazer_licePosted 4/16/2014 9:29:31 PM
Save your money TC.
#4Master AlienPosted 4/16/2014 9:40:00 PM
Well if you owned a Wii you saw what the quality of ports looked like when the Wii had the biggest market share, which was mediocre at best. Now Nintendo has a console with a power gap and smallest market share out of all 3. Unless some eccentric person comes in and takes over Nintendo and starts throwing all that money around to diff companies, multiplat support will shrink even more.
#5Run_2_the_HillsPosted 4/16/2014 9:43:20 PM
Pretty much. Once developers stop making ps3/360 games most will make it for the ps4/xbone and not the wiiU.
#6RiaanYsterPosted 4/16/2014 9:44:52 PM
One does not buy a WiiU for third party games. Come on.. basics fella.
#7userfrigginamePosted 4/16/2014 9:47:22 PM
If multiplat games for the Wii U is a big deal to you, you really shouldn't bother even now. I think it's pretty common sense now that if you want a console to play multiplat games on, that you should either go with PS4 (preferably) or Xbox One. Now, if you want a secondary console, which you don't need to play multiplat games on, cuz you already have one console for that, then go with the Wii U. Best selection of unique exclusives games available as of now.