March NPD Sales for Wii U: 70k. Lowest-selling home console after Wii

#101Bob_VancePosted 4/19/2014 3:07:01 PM
BallinBrent2013 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
ZatchBell posted...
Vita is just a bad system. It is far worse than PSP was. It had 23 retail titles in 2013. I owned one, bought it at launch excited for it's potential and sony totally #$%$ the bed. The best game on the system PSO 2 may not even come to North America. Vita is a failure and sony should not make another portable, 3ds actually has games, vita is getting ports and some people think that is going to revive the system.

3DS is selling worse every year.

No more bulletproof Nintendo handhelds....ROFL.

You realize nothing consistently increases in sales every year forever? I don't mean to rain on your parade but this logic is pretty flawed.

DS/Wii say hi.
---
3DS FC: 3454-1540-6867
Pokemon X IGN: Adam
#102SSJ4CHRISPosted 4/19/2014 3:45:37 PM
ZatchBell posted...
I know all the trolls are playstation 4 owners as they paid $400 for a system with no games to play. At least xbox one owners are not here trolling and are actually playing their systems. Have fun watching sony sell systems and your system has a really crap line up until probably October.

All the at launch Wii U owners must have been trolls too, because they bought a $350 fake tablet with no games, less power, and bad ports. Good job troll.

Hell, the Wii U still has no games, considering that most 3rd parties are skipping it, and Nintendo can't figure out HD enough to make more than one game every quarter. So by your "logic", all Wii U owners are trolls for buying a console with no games.
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
#103CubeTVPosted 4/19/2014 4:06:46 PM(edited)
SSJ4CHRIS posted...

All the at launch Wii U owners must have been trolls too, because they bought a $350 fake tablet with no games, less power, and bad ports. Good job troll.

Hell, the Wii U still has no games, considering that most 3rd parties are skipping it, and Nintendo can't figure out HD enough to make more than one game every quarter. So by your "logic", all Wii U owners are trolls for buying a console with no games.

I dislike the Wii U. The only reason I even use the thing is just to play VC or Wii games. When I bought one, I was told it would be a return to the NES-GC Nintendo with lots of first party games and good third party support (at least as good as the N64), The 3DS is getting all those games an then some (new IP's) with the only notable Wii U games are 3D World, DK, Nintendo Land, Wii Party/Fit/Sports U and Mario/Sonic Sochi 2014. So can it be a good Wii 2? No. It doesn't have hype, the gamepad can only be used by one person which makes it unfair for others (except for Nintendo Land's Mario Chase) unlike the Wii remote, as much as I hated the Wii, the Wii U is a lot worse. I'm a VERY unsatisfied Wii U owner. It has potential to be good, it can be good if Nintendo puts the effort into it, but I have little hope in it considering how they've been treating it. That little hope is E3. and I'm hoping it's going to be a great one for Wii U and not just the same games we know about (Smash, X, SMTxFE, Yarn Yoshi, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors)
---
This will "save" the Wii U: A list I made of everything it's currently doing for anyone who owns one.
http://i.imgur.com/vRk0U6t.png
#104squatch22Posted 4/19/2014 4:05:06 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
ZatchBell posted...
I know all the trolls are playstation 4 owners as they paid $400 for a system with no games to play. At least xbox one owners are not here trolling and are actually playing their systems. Have fun watching sony sell systems and your system has a really crap line up until probably October.

I guess that's why Nintendo currently have 17 games on Wii U... and Wii U has already been out 4 years and 3 months right?
---
According to a certain troll I'm in possession of a time machine, as he claims he can prove I live with my mum... who died in 2002.
#105MilesTeg420Posted 4/19/2014 4:08:28 PM
squatch22 posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
ZatchBell posted...

I guess that's why Nintendo currently have 17 games on Wii U... and Wii U has already been out 4 years and 3 months right?

That would be impressive if there were tons of high quality titles in there.
#106arvilinoPosted 4/19/2014 4:49:47 PM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
UncleGrubby posted...
Some numbers were recently pinned to the March NPD rankings:

PS4 - Highest Selling, numbers currently undisclosed
X1 - 311k - 2nd place despite Titanfall & discounted bundles
3DS - 159k
PS3 - Numbers Undisclosed
360 - 111k
Wii U - 70k
Wii - 28k
Vita - 10k (ouch!)
PSP - 5K

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/17/u-s-nintendo-3ds-sales-159000-march-wii-u-70k/

Software-wise, Titanfall came in 1st, followed by Infamous Second Son. Neither the 3DS or the Wii U had any software place in the Top 10, with the possible exception of the multiplatform The Lego Movie Game which ranked #9 counting all sales across 9 consoles. Certainly the Wii U contributed negligible numbers there seeing as it has such a small install base.

This is really terrible for Nintendo. 3DS is still doing pretty well but it got outsold by the Vita in March in Japan. If Mario Kart 8 doesn't seriously uptick sales I'm not sure what they can do. They can't float with these weak sales until Holiday 2014 and we hardly have any release dates for anything on Wii U.

Get your facts straight at least if you're gonna troll.

Vita outsold 3DS (barely) in one single week in April in Japan. 3DS handily outsold it in March.

Even then that was just media create, 2 other trackers had the 3DS a bit above the Vita that week so there's a good chance even that isn't true.
---
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995
#107Lefty128kPosted 4/19/2014 5:42:32 PM
BallinBrent2013 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
ZatchBell posted...
Vita is just a bad system. It is far worse than PSP was. It had 23 retail titles in 2013. I owned one, bought it at launch excited for it's potential and sony totally #$%$ the bed. The best game on the system PSO 2 may not even come to North America. Vita is a failure and sony should not make another portable, 3ds actually has games, vita is getting ports and some people think that is going to revive the system.

3DS is selling worse every year.

No more bulletproof Nintendo handhelds....ROFL.

You realize nothing consistently increases in sales every year forever? I don't mean to rain on your parade but this logic is pretty flawed.

I never said sales would increase forever, so that's you failing to interpret English correctly. You're also trying to extend my argument to absurd levels ("forever"), which is a pathetic way to debate.

Anyways...(assuming you can keep up)

3DS has basically done nothing but decline. It's sold less every holiday since it was released. Whereas it's predecessor the DS sold more each holiday for about 3-4 years and then started declining. In fact it looks like 3DS is basically just closing out DS's sales curve.

So there's some ants in your picnic, Buddy Boy fantroll.
#108Bob the AlmightyPosted 4/19/2014 6:34:35 PM
ZatchBell posted...

I guess you failed to notice that the five out of the top ten games last month had PS4 versions and outside The LEGO Movie Video Game the PS4 versions of multi-platiform games outsold the XB1 versions (Call of Duty: Ghosts, Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes, and NBA 2K14 all sold better on PS4 than on XB1). Plus inFAMOUS: Second Son was the second-highest selling game of the month.

So yeah I'm fairly certain it's you that's trolling. :p
---
The villagers called him 'God's Savior' and his weapon they called 'Vampire Killer.'
Ah, Gandolfi, how that would make you smile.
#109MushroomMuncherPosted 4/19/2014 6:42:04 PM
Oh Bob, the sweet irony in that post...
---
You don't want to make the bet because you know you're wrong since your account was set up as a parody of Nintendo fanboys. ~DaLagga
#110TrixonePosted 4/19/2014 6:45:41 PM
Sup nerds, crying about sales again? Never change, gamefaks, never change lmao.
---
PS3 60 RIP | Slim | Vaio VGN-FE | Deneb AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE OC'd
Playing: Dragon's Crown, RE: 6, SSFIV:AE - Samurai of Legend