Nintendo needs more grownup games.

#1Grindcorp9000Posted 4/20/2014 8:20:28 AM
Instead of focusing on bright colors and wide eyed protagonists, they should make a gory survival horror ip. Gamers are turned off these days by Kirby and the italian plumber, I mean there is a place for them, but I think nintendo should make more adult IPs.
#2TurbamPosted 4/20/2014 8:22:24 AM
They own the rights to Fatal Frame.
They could make more of those...

....oh god a Fatal Frame with the gamepad would be amazing, but it'll never happen
;_____;
---
I'm just one man! Whoa! Well, I'm a one man band!
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/5459/dontlookatthis.gif
#3freemayne21Posted 4/20/2014 8:22:25 AM
k.
#4squatch22Posted 4/20/2014 8:25:11 AM
We need more variety of topics. We already had this topic multiple times this week.
---
According to a certain troll I'm in possession of a time machine, as he claims he can prove I live with my mum... who died in 2002.
#5Grindcorp9000(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2014 8:26:51 AM
squatch22 posted...
We need more variety of topics. We already had this topic multiple times this week.

What else is there to talk about?
#6IokuaPosted 4/20/2014 8:27:44 AM
Turbam posted...
They own the rights to Fatal Frame.
They could make more of those...

....oh god a Fatal Frame with the gamepad would be amazing, but it'll never happen
;_____;

No they don't. They own the rights to Fatal Frame 4, Fatal Frame 2's remake and Spirit Camera. That's all.

Nintendo has plenty of grownup games. If you're too self conscious to play a game simply because it's fun and you require blood, guts, gore, curse words and violence to enjoy a game then you are not a grownup.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#7squatch22Posted 4/20/2014 8:29:13 AM
Grindcorp9000 posted...
squatch22 posted...

What else is there to talk about?

Games u like... future games... etc
---
According to a certain troll I'm in possession of a time machine, as he claims he can prove I live with my mum... who died in 2002.
#8the_cajun88Posted 4/20/2014 8:29:21 AM
Like ZombiU, which no one bought?
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/N8Ey8qd.jpg
#9KabtheMentatPosted 4/20/2014 8:33:23 AM
squatch22 posted...

Yes, but I'll kinda explain why Nintendo does what it does. It has to do with perceptions and actual data of the Japanese gaming market. In Japan, gaming is still mostly seen as a kids' toy. Perception in the West is that every Japanese is a hardcore gamer...not true at all. While the average Western gamer is a 30 year old dude with a job and probably a wife and maybe a kid. Business for the gaming market here is based like that of movies, books, and like entertainment...geared towards the slightly older crowd (because they have the disposable income). So "grittier" games sell better.

Nintendo being a Japanese focused company tailors their products for their preferred market. Contrast that with someone like From Software with their Souls series...it's more tailored to the Western market. This ties into how badly Nintendo's corporate culture is nowadays...as the gaming market as shifted towards the West and gotten older, they've lost out on a lot of market share.
---
Yeeaah...Somebody must've killed Darryl. Cuz that's what the guy had said.
#10vashtrichamPosted 4/20/2014 8:33:30 AM
I feel they need to give us gameplay that is geared towards adults or people who game alot. Im tired of most nintendo games being way too easy, lacking difficulty choices and treating us like we dont play games often. I often feel left out of the equation and hardly ever find a nintnedo games that suits my needs.
---
Marvel heroes: Cap and Gambit