Nintendo needs more grownup games.

#61dj-izzlePosted 4/23/2014 2:16:36 PM
Are we talking exclusives, or do 3P count?
#62DarkStorm20191Posted 4/23/2014 5:05:02 PM
squatch22 posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
squatch22 posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
squatch22 posted...
Tayl0rpwnz posted...

They have plenty...

No they don't. They have a lot of platformers, but they have very little to no strategy games, FPS games, RPGs, or action-adventure games.

They have:
2d platform
3d platform
Strategy
Strategy RPG
Turn based RPG
Action RPG
Puzzle
Flight Sim
Action adventure

Etc.

Were? I like my Wii U a lot, but I don't see most of the games you're talking about.

Wii U wasn't specified.

Epic fail right there then...

Last I've check the Wii U has "2d platform" (and I guess "3d platform" if you want to count 3d world, but I expect a more open-world type game ) and uh...um...."Dr.Luigi for a puzzle game?

I'm not counting WW since that's a upscale port, so other than maybe the Action genre with W101 (tho even then technically Platinum games created it...) So...yeah we got 2d platforms and arguably a 3d platform that if avoiding 100% you can beat within 8 hours tops.
---
NameNotKnown posted...
"There is a 0% chance of this happening."
#63KyoReiseTaisenPosted 4/23/2014 5:07:20 PM
No. Nintendo needs more grownup gamers and not immature brats who think they matured.
#64Maverick_ReznorPosted 4/23/2014 5:12:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#65ElectricMolePosted 4/23/2014 5:15:21 PM
Fatal Frame is much more superior a horror series than Zombie University could every hope to be.

and it does it without the gore. thats why nintendo bought the rights, i imagine.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#66flame9898Posted 4/23/2014 6:57:02 PM
Can someone explain to me what they consider a mature game to be? And I have to ask something, would Nintendo have become what it is today without it's so called "kiddy" games? Would the industry itself have become what it is. Before every one says "We need more mature games", would your childhood have been the same without these "kiddy" games? There is a reason these games still sell as well as they do.
---
Can you suplex a train?
#67SuigintouEVPosted 4/23/2014 7:33:23 PM(edited)
SegavsCapcom posted...
No they don't. They have a lot of platformers, but they have very little to no strategy games, FPS games, RPGs, or action-adventure games.

Except Pikmin / Fire Emblem are pretty much the only first party "strategy" game series of ANY of the big 3 console makers, and it's not as if 3rd parties churn out such games either. You want RTS, you have to go to PC and if you want SRPG, you have to go to handheld.

Action adventure? They pretty much own the genre with the Zelda series, and it's not like games like Bayonetta 2 or Wonderful 101 don't exist.

As for RPGs, they take time to develop. Nintendo has always given us at least one great RPG per system... Thousand Year Door, Xenoblade, M&L Dream Team, etc. Fact is they are working on X and SMT x Fire Emblem is as much their property as it might by Atlus'.

All that leaves is FPS, and I don't see many people clamouring for FPS on nintendo consoles.. the genre has become solely about paid-online kill streaks
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#68HermeticJusticePosted 4/23/2014 7:41:12 PM
Turbam posted...
They own the rights to Fatal Frame.
They could make more of those...

....oh god a Fatal Frame with the gamepad would be amazing, but it'll never happen
;_____;

sure about that
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#69Sami1000Posted 4/23/2014 8:04:33 PM
Zezrs posted...
So you want Chess?

Yeah real mature to move pieces around wooden board with squares on it!

First hardcore gamer had to be bend and twisted because people didn't like it, or it didn't fit them even though they desperately wanted to be called hardcore gamers.

I guess mature will next. You don't have to be over 18/21 to be adult. Its all about mental age...etc.
#70PannerPosted 4/23/2014 8:12:08 PM
Nintendo Co-Owns The Fatal Frame IP.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/22/report-nintendo-now-co-owns-fatal-frame-ip/
---
My Youtube vids
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5BZ91u4U3n8m9L_wykcsw/feed?activity_view=3