When did gaming stop being about games?

#21HermeticJusticePosted 4/21/2014 2:25:32 PM
wh0_kn0ws posted...
HermeticJustice posted...
Tayl0rpwnz posted...
It's always been about this. Or where you never there for the childhood arguing at school about what is better, genesis or snes?

sure, let's blame the kids

i've never seen any that aren't a problem

I know, I'm agreeing with you
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#22PUNCHOUT1116Posted 4/21/2014 2:25:40 PM
It stopped being about the games when Nintendo couldn't manage to get games on the shelf. You can't really talk games if there are none to talk about...
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#23LostsecretPosted 4/21/2014 2:27:23 PM
pigkiller_77 posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
GoreGamer posted...
I blame society.

I blame the images on TV.

I blame Canada.

Shame on Canada! They aren't even a real country anyways!
---
It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning.
#24Bat178Posted 4/21/2014 2:58:53 PM(edited)
Koi_Tenchi posted...
ThunderPotato posted...
Probably since the PS2's success. Gaming became something marketed to everyone. Good or bad, that changes the focus.
Yes, I answered seriously in this horrible topic.
I don't know. I didn't really feel like things changed until the PS3/Wii/360.

At that point, there seemed to be more and more of a focus on graphics over gameplay and essentially treating games like movies (both in regards to how their presented and in their ridiculous budget) and that whole focus has only gotten worse now.

I feel the same way, too. After MW2 in 2009 brought in tons of frat boys and bratty little kids into the industry who think they are cool because they play shooters, the industry has gone to heck. Nowadays, if a game is not a gritty boring grey and brown realistic game (Usually a shooter), it is mocked and ignored because it is considered "kiddie".
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
#25wolverinerob79Posted 4/21/2014 3:20:49 PM
Tropicalfreeze posted...
The wii U has the best games ever.

Best games of this generation so far? I'd give you that. Ever - no way. That will always be the PC. :-D
#26sonic777Posted 4/21/2014 3:22:45 PM
I blame sonic777.

Guy is a complete ass.
---
The moderators will not use your past moderation history against you unless you have a past moderation history. If you do, they'll use it against you. Explain.
#27Felix6464Posted 4/21/2014 3:23:31 PM
Bob_Vance posted...
When the internet was created and anti-social nerds found a gathering place where they could all be angry and delusional together.

Exhibit A.
---
GameFAQS makes 9gag look intelligent and sane. 9gag!
#28squatch22Posted 4/21/2014 3:28:14 PM
sonic777 posted...
I blame sonic777.

Guy is a complete ass.

---
According to a certain troll I'm in possession of a time machine, as he claims he can prove I live with my mum... who died in 2002.
#29-POWERGLOVE-Posted 4/21/2014 3:31:22 PM
Because casuals these days are into their fake games on their cell phones, and modern generic AAA QTE DLC interactive movies and pewpews.
---
http://mygaming.co.za/news/wp-content/uploads/powerglove_326554202.jpg
#30sonic777Posted 4/21/2014 3:31:59 PM
squatch22 posted...
According to a certain troll I'm in possession of a time machine, as he claims he can prove I live with my mum... who died in 2002.

You need a new gimmick.
---
The moderators will not use your past moderation history against you unless you have a past moderation history. If you do, they'll use it against you. Explain.