When did gaming stop being about games?

#31NSGraphitePosted 4/21/2014 2:57:30 PM
ummm..no it doesn't. The PS2 has the best games ever. The Wii U is a footnote in gaming history.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#32Koi_TenchiPosted 4/21/2014 5:08:48 PM(edited)
sonic777 posted...
squatch22 posted...
According to a certain troll I'm in possession of a time machine, as he claims he can prove I live with my mum... who died in 2002.

You need a new gimmick.
That's called a signature. It's not supposed to change with every post. It's a little quote that GameFAQs adds automatically to the end of every post you make.

This should help clarify more: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/help/entry.html?cat=18
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#33AceMosPosted 4/21/2014 5:12:31 PM
i blame microsoft they started this hole specs > all bit and created the "dude bro" gamer
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#34Maverick_ReznorPosted 4/21/2014 5:28:53 PM
NSGraphite posted...
ummm..no it doesn't. The PS2 has the best games ever. The Wii U is a footnote in gaming history.

ehh, snes had better if not equal to ps2.
---
Currently Playing : Titanfall, FFX/X2 HD, and Elder Scrolls Online
Looking Forward To: Destiny,Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Evolve The Order 1886
#35IzraeilPosted 4/21/2014 6:01:59 PM
Gaming is better than it's ever been.
We're finally past the phase of coming up with building blocks and are finally making what games should be, immersive experiences.
#36AceMosPosted 4/21/2014 6:03:54 PM
Izraeil posted...
We're finally past the phase of coming up with building blocks and are finally making what games should be, immersive experiences.

except alto of gaems are less immersive do to focusign on beign cinematic
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#37-POWERGLOVE-Posted 4/21/2014 6:06:25 PM
Izraeil posted...

Oh, will you please excuse me for but a moment?...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!

OMFG sorry, just squirted cherry Coke out of my nose. Ouch! LOL great joke there!

---
http://mygaming.co.za/news/wp-content/uploads/powerglove_326554202.jpg
#38IzraeilPosted 4/21/2014 6:11:39 PM
AceMos posted...
Izraeil posted...

except alto of gaems are less immersive do to focusign on beign cinematic

I said it's better than ever not perfect just yet.
And I've noticed most people on this board who talk crap about modern gaming don't even play those and have no clue what they're talking about.

I see last of us for example being called a linear movie full of set pieces and all the other usual criticism that is hurled at every game.
While the fact is that last of has zero set pieces, the levels are open and have a lot of ways to get through, shooting is optional and discouraged, the game has 2 hours of cutscenes and is easily a 15 hour play through.

This board is stuck so far in the past and so blinded by nostalgia to enjoy all the great new stuff that gaming has been building up to since it's inception that I feel sorry for them.
#39sonic777Posted 4/21/2014 6:12:57 PM
-POWERGLOVE- posted...
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!

OMFG sorry, just squirted cherry Coke out of my nose. Ouch! LOL great joke there!

cute.
---
The moderators will not use your past moderation history against you unless you have a past moderation history. If you do, they'll use it against you. Explain.
#40TrixonePosted 4/21/2014 6:17:15 PM(edited)
It's evolved for the better. Remember when comicbooks were for nerds only like 'gaming'? Fortunately for me, SF wasn't like the nerdiest crap out there, it was the manliest 'game' and still is. I used quotes because it's more than a 'game,' it's a way of life. The fighting spirit flows through my veins. It's a passion none of you will ever experience.
---
PS3 60 RIP | Slim | Vaio VGN-FE | Deneb AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE OC'd
Playing: Dragon's Crown, RE: 6, SSFIV:AE - Samurai of Legend