When did gaming stop being about games?

#41AceMosPosted 4/21/2014 7:15:11 PM
^ yet a game like xenoblade trumps the last story in every way has a better story has far more imersion has a clear focus on game play and more devloped characters

see this focus on graphics is hurting the imersion

heck a lot of pS2 games are more iemrsive than ps3 games
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#42IzraeilPosted 4/21/2014 7:21:45 PM
AceMos posted...
^ yet a game like xenoblade trumps the last story in every way has a better story has far more imersion has a clear focus on game play and more devloped characters

Last gen's switch to HD made development much more expensive and it was a difficult transition which you can see Nintendo is going through right now.
This gen should better in that regard developers have gotten a hold on things and should be able to create bigger and more immersive worlds with ease.
Better graphics can never hurt immersiveness only enhance it, lack of devopler's ability to achieve the goal is not the fault of graphics.
#43AceMosPosted 4/21/2014 7:28:00 PM
Izraeil posted...
AceMos posted...

Last gen's switch to HD made development much more expensive and it was a difficult transition which you can see Nintendo is going through right now.
This gen should better in that regard developers have gotten a hold on things and should be able to create bigger and more immersive worlds with ease.
Better graphics can never hurt immersiveness only enhance it, lack of devopler's ability to achieve the goal is not the fault of graphics.

mario 3D world is a verry larg and imersive game

knack fell flat on its face
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#44Maverick_ReznorPosted 4/21/2014 7:28:06 PM
-POWERGLOVE- posted...
Izraeil posted...
Gaming is better than it's ever been.
We're finally past the phase of coming up with building blocks and are finally making what games should be, immersive experiences.

Oh, will you please excuse me for but a moment?...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!

OMFG sorry, just squirted cherry Coke out of my nose. Ouch! LOL great joke there!

he's right though, I really felt like a goat in goat simulator
---
Currently Playing : Titanfall, FFX/X2 HD, and Elder Scrolls Online
Looking Forward To: Destiny,Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Evolve The Order 1886
#45IzraeilPosted 4/21/2014 7:45:37 PM
AceMos posted...
Izraeil posted...
AceMos posted...

mario 3D world is a verry larg and imersive game

knack fell flat on its face

Platformers aren't immersive, running and jumping should be just a small part of something larger. A whole game with nothing but running and jumping in linear levels is just archaic at this point.

Now every now and then you can make a game that revolves those kind of basic mechanics, like you can still make a silent film but don't expect it to appeal it to anyone who's not interested in the novelty of such a thing and didn't grow up with that, or hasn't had a problem accepting the evolution. But natural selection seems to be taking care of it with wii u's death.

Lastly you keep trying to turn this into some kinda Nintendo vs sony thing and I'm just arguing about the progress of gaming and where it stands now.
#46Koi_TenchiPosted 4/21/2014 9:13:15 PM
Maverick_Reznor posted...
-POWERGLOVE- posted...
Izraeil posted...
We're finally past the phase of coming up with building blocks and are finally making what games should be, immersive experiences.

OMFG sorry, just squirted cherry Coke out of my nose. Ouch! LOL great joke there!

But how would you KNOW whether or not it's an accurate goat simulator?

How would you know, for comparison, what it's like to be a goat?

YOU KNOW NOTHING OF GOAT-KIND!
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#47Maverick_ReznorPosted 4/21/2014 9:15:35 PM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
Maverick_Reznor posted...
-POWERGLOVE- posted...
Izraeil posted...

But how would you KNOW whether or not it's an accurate goat simulator?

How would you know, for comparison, what it's like to be a goat?

YOU KNOW NOTHING OF GOAT-KIND!

Please, the game educates you perfectly. You even learn that a whale is just a giant water born goat.
---
Currently Playing : Titanfall, FFX/X2 HD, and Elder Scrolls Online
Looking Forward To: Destiny,Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Evolve The Order 1886