Why are Wii games so expensive?

#1Jx1010Posted 4/21/2014 4:49:52 PM
I wanna play some Wii games on my Wii U
But they are like $30 and up, whats up with that....

Even Batman Arkham City for Wii U brand new is $15
#2DDP886Posted 4/21/2014 4:51:45 PM
Jx1010 posted...

And the funny thing is that these games aren't even hd
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYM|NYJ|NYK|NYR
#3Baha05Posted 4/21/2014 5:02:08 PM
Depends on the games, Nintendo first Party titles rarely go down in price, any other games and well that is a 3rd party/retail issue
---
"DLC has always and still means all downloaded content, but of course Nintendo fanboys always did and will bend logic to suit their ignorance."
#4AceMosPosted 4/21/2014 5:55:17 PM
nintendo first party games tend to sell at full price for a verry long time

pokemon black and white still get a few sales at there current price of 30
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#5squatch22Posted 4/21/2014 5:57:41 PM
EA games drop in price quickly due to them being obsolete a year later. Can get last years Fifa for less than 10 now.
---
According to a certain troll I'm in possession of a time machine, as he claims he can prove I live with my mum... who died in 2002.
#6LostsecretPosted 4/21/2014 7:09:17 PM
You just described an issue for everything consumer item ever created.

Some things just cost more than others. And all the other consoles have homes ranging for low to high.
---
It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning.
#7SuigintouEVPosted 4/21/2014 7:21:24 PM(edited)
Jx1010 posted...

When games are $15 it's a sign that the game has no market to the company. It happens with "gamer's games" because their sales are so top-heavy.

Nintendo games tend to sell more consistently. A girl might go "ooh, is that a new Mario game" to Super Mario Galaxy in the year 2014 and still buy it.

Nintendo can basically afford to keep its games priced high because they're not dependant on the "first month or bust" model.

That said, new IPs like Wonderful 101 are not gonna get that kind of security. Its price has dropped to $35.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#8userfrigginamePosted 4/21/2014 7:24:37 PM
I guess that could be Nintendo just taking pride in its first party titles.
#9rockusPosted 4/21/2014 7:31:17 PM
Games like Mario Galaxy stay desirable and hold their value.

There are still some games to look for on the Wii for cheap. Galaxy Wars, Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, Zack and Wiki, Boy and His Blob, Lost in Shadow, Mercury Meltdown, Elebits, Excitebots and Excitetrucks, Madworld, Blast Works
---
http://thetramp.dvdaf.com/
#10demesjos2Posted 4/21/2014 7:32:54 PM
I dont understand Nintendo's pricing policy in games over a year old. I think it would more logical to price them lower to encourage impulse buys. Another thing is a higher price someone may not purchase an old game from a series they haven't tried before. There are plenty of franchises that I was unwilling to give the first game a try until the price was really low. If the game was good than the future titles I would buy when they come out.