Bought WW HD but can't play it...

#11SuigintouEVPosted 4/21/2014 7:08:58 PM
abear90 posted...
I'm using real speakers...I have a 2.1 Bose system

Not trying to get on your nerves, but bose is far from real speakers. They're the audio equivalent of Call of Duty.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#12abear90(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2014 7:15:31 PM
SuigintouEV posted...
abear90 posted...
I'm using real speakers...I have a 2.1 Bose system

Not trying to get on your nerves, but bose is far from real speakers. They're the audio equivalent of Call of Duty.

I understand that. I'm no audiophile, but I am a musician and am quite familiar with pro audio and what does and doesn't sound good. I don't have a classic home theater set up here...I mean basically what I'm doing is playing video games at my computer desk. I don't need, or want a home theater setup. I do not have a home theater. When I have a home theater, I will look into shelling out a grand or so on a nice receiver, and another grand or so on some nice speakers that will last me a long time. I'm not irritated, but your suggestions on upgrading my system are a complete waste of time because if I wanted to upgrade my system (as if I even had the space or means for it), I would, and I wouldn't have this issue of split audio to begin with (because a receiver fixes that problem).
#13WeirdJohnPosted 4/22/2014 12:20:42 PM
I say do what works for you. Glad you have an option to not have to buy a bunch of other pieces of equipment. Personally, I love my surround sound and HDTV, but I also use it for movies, U-verse, etc.

One size does not fit all.
---
WeirdJohn: The King Of Safe Haven!
#14PigfartsPosted 4/22/2014 12:27:35 PM
abear90 posted...
kazooie48 posted...
Maybe you should just get a tv

I should pay ~$500 to get a TV with similar specs as the perfectly good monitor I already use without issue for every game console I own just to play a single Wii U game? Obviously there are workarounds; like I said, I can spend $40 or so on an HDMI auido splitter but the fact I have to do that at all is kind of ridiculous.

Does anyone know of any other, more free workarounds?

No you should get a TV b/c its not the 1950s
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.