It's easier to go back and play Nintendo games than most other games.

#1Maverick_ReznorPosted 4/21/2014 8:31:05 PM
Even with their newer games (which is something special since most games now-a-days are built for the one time play through or multiplayer that lasts a year).
---
Currently Playing : Titanfall, FFX/X2 HD, and Elder Scrolls Online
Looking Forward To: Destiny,Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Evolve The Order 1886
#2Stanger5150Posted 4/21/2014 8:43:01 PM
Not for me. I can go back and play anything. Games don't "age" for me... they're either fun or they're not. If a game was fun when it came out, time won't change that.
---
PSN/NN- BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG-16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U
#3SyCo_VeNoMPosted 4/21/2014 8:46:07 PM
can't argue this I've played SMW about a year ago and still had fun. Super Metroid same thing. Inbetween games I've been playing mario 64 too.

Games from Ubi, EA, and the others honestly once done I'm done I usually don't even bother going for 100% completion as I am generally bored of them by the time I finish. Blizzard used to have the replayability charm, but I feel they have lost it since joining Activision as the last few games they released I've not even bothered finishing as I don't find the stuff they make fun anymore.
#4Maverick_Reznor(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2014 8:49:50 PM
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
can't argue this I've played SMW about a year ago and still had fun. Super Metroid same thing. Inbetween games I've been playing mario 64 too.

Games from Ubi, EA, and the others honestly once done I'm done I usually don't even bother going for 100% completion as I am generally bored of them by the time I finish. Blizzard used to have the replayability charm, but I feel they have lost it since joining Activision as the last few games they released I've not even bothered finishing as I don't find the stuff they make fun anymore.

Yea, Ive traded in a lot of games last gen and only kept ones I know I would play again (like borderlands 1&2, bioshock trilogy, mass effect trilogy, dead space trilogy, ect.)
---
Currently Playing : Titanfall, FFX/X2 HD, and Elder Scrolls Online
Looking Forward To: Destiny,Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Evolve The Order 1886
#5-POWERGLOVE-Posted 4/21/2014 8:50:27 PM(edited)
Nintendo games have always been the best. Played through SMRPG, Yoshi's Island, Metroid Fusion, Zero Mission, and Super Metroid pretty recently, and they're still all amazing and better than modern games.

Nintendo games are timeless.
---
http://mygaming.co.za/news/wp-content/uploads/powerglove_326554202.jpg
#6ZuuFPosted 4/21/2014 9:16:19 PM
I think that part of the reason why they're so timeless, is that the story is minimal (very little dialogue to date the game, very few cutscenes to interrupt gameplay, and Nintendo has always done their best to make the gameplay as ageless as possible).
With most of their games, you're playing within five minutes, and the "tutorial" section is done in an hour at the most.
---
True Christianity is a lifestyle.
I'm waiting for Resident Good, Light Souls, Call of Duty: World at Peace, and Grand Charity Giveaway: Nice City.
#7Stanger5150Posted 4/21/2014 9:39:59 PM
ZuuF posted...
I think that part of the reason why they're so timeless, is that the story is minimal (very little dialogue to date the game, very few cutscenes to interrupt gameplay, and Nintendo has always done their best to make the gameplay as ageless as possible).
With most of their games, you're playing within five minutes, and the "tutorial" section is done in an hour at the most.

This is very true. Even the original Super Mario Bros. still plays flawlessly, even compared to modern 2D platformers.
---
PSN/NN- BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG-16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U
#8GeminiX7Posted 4/21/2014 9:59:30 PM
Games I grew up with are more fun to play than new stuff. Also the sky is blue and bears crap in the woods.

More shocking news at 11.
---
NNID/PSN/GT: GeminiX7
FC: 0748-3100-6541 [FS: Tangelia, Ivysaur, and Maractus]
#9ZeeDoggePosted 4/21/2014 10:04:36 PM
No, boredom is a biological function to prevent you from endlessly repeating the same activity. If play any game to death, you still get that gross tedious boredom feeling, no matter how good it is. So by definition nothing is really timeless
---
lol assault rifles are machine guns.... d'oh! :P btw so are submgs and anything that has automatic fire.
~squiggy9996999
#10Stanger5150Posted 4/21/2014 10:16:29 PM
ZeeDogge posted...
No, boredom is a biological function to prevent you from endlessly repeating the same activity. If play any game to death, you still get that gross tedious boredom feeling, no matter how good it is. So by definition nothing is really timeless

I've literally played through Super Mario Bros. 3 at least every month since it launched, except for a six month period in 2000/2001 when I was in boot camp and job training.
---
PSN/NN- BlackRain8782