It's easier to go back and play Nintendo games than most other games.

#41ElectricMolePosted 4/23/2014 11:06:18 AM
Certain games have that timeless charm to them, nintendo-made or not. There are people I know who keep replaying FF7, which I dont get at all, but the same effect is at work for them.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#42YoungSushiManePosted 4/23/2014 11:28:03 AM
Isn't this because nintendo's games are usually the same? Given they are in the same plot/story. Like all Mario's are basically the same?

If you can play the new mario then you can play all the old ones
---
PSN: Mr_Hadooken
NNID: YoungSushiMane
#43ElectricMolePosted 4/23/2014 11:40:51 AM
YoungSushiMane posted...
Isn't this because nintendo's games are usually the same? Given they are in the same plot/story. Like all Mario's are basically the same?

valid point.

also these games have light to non-existent story telling like alot of modern games have, particularly tons of voice acting.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#44The_DOAMPosted 4/23/2014 12:34:58 PM
ElectricMole posted...
YoungSushiMane posted...

valid point.

also these games have light to non-existent story telling like alot of modern games have, particularly tons of voice acting.

I'd have to disagree as Nintendo games stand the test of time as they are heavily focused into an artstyle plus the quality. It's sad but in the year 2014 some developers still can't get a camera to work properly let alone invisible walls, fake walls, and massive freezing the things people generally don't associate with Nintendo even if they have had a few recent hiccups but they were promptly patched.

Yoshi's island, Super Mario World, Zelda WW, Mario Sunshine, even 64 era games like Pilotwings. Games that focus on realism don't age well at all and most Xbot's and Ponies won't touch those games. But when you look at a game like Yoshi's Island, Rayman Legends, Odin's Scroll, ect.. they'll look just as good to a new player today as they do to someonee ten years from now.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#45mhollan3Posted 4/23/2014 12:50:43 PM
It's a bit of nostalgia, but it's also because Nintendo's earlier titles were made to be able to be played over and over again.

Replay value is a wonderful thing.
---
I have a Wii U. WEEEEEEE
#46TrixonePosted 4/23/2014 1:13:29 PM
I've been playing SF all my life. That's six buttons plus combinations of other buttons: throws, focus attack, fadc, combos, specials, supers, ultras, dashing ultras, 1-frame links, meatys, etc. I think I'm fine.
---
PS3 60 RIP | Slim | Vaio VGN-FE | Deneb AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE OC'd
Playing: Dragon's Crown, RE: 6, SSFIV:AE - Samurai of Legend
#47coolguy_23Posted 4/23/2014 1:18:31 PM(edited)
Bongbuddy posted...
LOL so much mindless fanboyism in this topic.

"I've beat Super Mario Bros five times a day every day since 1987, because Nintendo makes my nipples quiver.".

I love your obsession with Nintendo. Can't sleep at night because Nintendo is still going strong ?
---
"Want Soul Calibur II HD for Wii U? Beg for it" -Namco.