Nintendo has started Day 1 DLC / Season Passes

#21RS_YELARAKAPosted 4/22/2014 2:24:43 PM
Joey-Zaza posted...
Yes I can't wait until microtransactions and pay to win gameplay.

Can you name me a game where it really was pay to win? I got DLC on BF and COD in the the past and the weapons were average. Yet every nerd came in pouting "pay to win". Example is the peacekeeper BOPS2.

Or is it just the cool kid thing the cry about?

And I'm all for DLC. It means the game will continue to be supported. Who wouldn't want some DLC tracks for MK8 to keep the game fresh? Or some new courses for Mario golf?

Get real... its just because it hasn't happened yet with Nintendo so you bash it. Soon as DLC is the regular on your Mario games you'll all be like "OMG I can't wait for DLC pack in August!!!"
---
YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffzB_HK9sNU
#22Joey-ZazaPosted 4/22/2014 2:27:47 PM(edited)
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...
Yes I can't wait until microtransactions and pay to win gameplay.

Can you name me a game where it really was pay to win? I got DLC on BF and COD in the the past and the weapons were average. Yet every nerd came in pouting "pay to win". Example is the peacekeeper BOPS2.

Or is it just the cool kid thing the cry about?

And I'm all for DLC. It means the game will continue to be supported. Who wouldn't want some DLC tracks for MK8 to keep the game fresh? Or some new courses for Mario golf?

Get real... its just because it hasn't happened yet with Nintendo so you bash it. Soon as DLC is the regular on your Mario games you'll all be like "OMG I can't wait for DLC pack in August!!!"

I was talking about like time saver packs from ACIV/ Wow and stuff. But way to overreact about things. Maybe you should calm the hell down and think before you post.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#23arvilinoPosted 4/22/2014 2:27:52 PM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
arvilino posted...
AceMos posted...
i will say this

the price is abit steep but soudns standard and like it gives a fair amount for what you pay
i am not happy tha tit is cut content thoe and will nto support it for that alone

It's not cut content, the main game and the DLC collectively adds up to the same amount of content of the last two Mario Golf games combined.

So... the base game is providing the same amount of content as a game that's 10 years old now? And I have to pay extra for the rest of it?

This one is 30 and has 126 holes in the base game, Toadstool Tour was 40 and 126 holes, Advance Tour was 30 and had 108 holes.

With the Season Pass this one is 40.79(with the deal) or 43 afterwards with 234 holes.
---
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995
#24Project MayhemPosted 4/22/2014 2:28:32 PM
AceMos posted...
arvilino posted...
AceMos posted...
i will say this

the price is abit steep but soudns standard and like it gives a fair amount for what you pay
i am not happy tha tit is cut content thoe and will nto support it for that alone

It's not cut content, the main game and the DLC collectively adds up to the same amount of content of the last two Mario Golf games combined.

So... the base game is providing the same amount of content as a game that's 10 years old now? And I have to pay extra for the rest of it?

Sounds like Cut Content to me. Espicially if it's being sold Day 1. It's like if Brawl came out with the same number of characters as Melee, and you had to pay extra for the other 12 of them, and they all available on Day 1... essentially the point I'm getting at is Street Fighter X Tekken, if you please understand my drift.

you forgot it is 10$s less than a standard 3DS game

and can you name ANY golf game 45$s or less with more content

So it's like free to play but you gotta pay to play the free part first.
#25AceMosPosted 4/22/2014 2:30:48 PM
again awnser my qustion name any golf game that gives as much content for that price range
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#26wombatkiddPosted 4/22/2014 2:30:50 PM
Project Mayhem posted...
AceMos posted...
arvilino posted...
AceMos posted...
i will say this

Sounds like Cut Content to me. Espicially if it's being sold Day 1. It's like if Brawl came out with the same number of characters as Melee, and you had to pay extra for the other 12 of them, and they all available on Day 1... essentially the point I'm getting at is Street Fighter X Tekken, if you please understand my drift.

So it's like free to play but you gotta pay to play the free part first.

No. It's like a complete retail game being sold for $10 less than a normal game.
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#27Project MayhemPosted 4/22/2014 2:35:37 PM
There are plenty of retail games that sold for less than a normal game and still didn't have DLC. The point is paid DLC is paid DLC no matter how you want to cut it especially when it's DAY ONE. All the people that used to bash Microsoft and Sony for doing it are now looking kind of silly because Nintendo has jumped onto the paid DLC wagon. Like I said before, I'm indifferent but all this excuse making is getting lame.
#28AceMosPosted 4/22/2014 2:36:30 PM
Project Mayhem posted...
There are plenty of retail games that sold for less than a normal game and still didn't have DLC. The point is paid DLC is paid DLC no matter how you want to cut it especially when it's DAY ONE. All the people that used to bash Microsoft and Sony for doing it are now looking kind of silly because Nintendo has jumped onto the paid DLC wagon. Like I said before, I'm indifferent but all this excuse making is getting lame.

ok tell me can you name a golf game that offers as much as the base game for 30$
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#29wombatkiddPosted 4/22/2014 2:37:57 PM
Project Mayhem posted...

Yes. My saying I'm not happy about it is defending it. All I said is that it could be worse and that at least the base game is a complete game. Project your personal issues on someone else, please.
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#30The_Shadow_LinkPosted 4/22/2014 2:38:43 PM
AceMos posted...
arvilino posted...
AceMos posted...
i will say this

I believe you just said that if I buy both of the original games I have the same amount of content, correct?

Well lets see... on my wii Mario Golf N64 for $10 on the Virtual Console store... oh, and I can pick up the Toadstool Tour up for $15 on Ebay, possibly even cheaper. That's $25 for the same amount of content!

In practise you shouldn't be supporting this anyway. This form of DLC is an ugly weed that you don't want to let grow. Season Passes are even worse as your buying something you don't even know the overall quality of when you could put that money towards games that are actually already released. And if you support such practises it will only get worse in time. Sure it seems cheap now, but it will sneak it's way into other games and become progressively more expensive whilst it happens. Just how long do you think it will take until you have to pay $15 to play as Luigi in Super Mario Galaxy 4? Pay $20 to get the Bonus Hard Levels? $30 for both combine... no wait, that happened already, lemme think of a better example...
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~