Nintendo's season pass/DLC for Wii U games

#1zado19Posted 4/23/2014 7:36:22 AM
if we got 3 new cups for mario kart 8 with a new character for 6$ each or 15$ with a season pass, would it be an issue??

or would it be ok as long as it didnt start on day one??
---
japan would set a record for most suicides in one day if she (Hanazawa Kana) had a sex scandal. Their blood would be on her ***** - 2Dover3D
#2Neo_HeartlessPosted 4/23/2014 7:47:13 AM(edited)
As long as it wasn't day one? Yes that seems acceptable.

The negative nancies keep telling us Nintendo needs to get with the times, and then when they do they bemoan Nintendo for it.

It's had to win when people keep moving the goalposts.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#3Emerald_MeliosPosted 4/23/2014 11:31:34 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
As long as it wasn't day one? Yes that seems acceptable.

The negative nancies keep telling us Nintendo needs to get with the times, and then when they do they bemoan Nintendo for it.

It's had to win when people keep moving the goalposts.

I wonder though, are they mad because Nintendo isn't being blatantly unscrupulous and anti-consumer like EA?
#4manmousePosted 4/23/2014 11:37:07 AM
season passes are shady. you're paying in advance for something that doesn't even exist yet, and which you have no knowledge or foresight of.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#5mhollan3Posted 4/23/2014 12:52:30 PM
It's been a long time coming, but it doesn't bother me too much. As long as it isn't something cut from the game, or anything like that at least.

Example, if MK8 was going to have 15 characters and 35 tracks, and they decided to cut out 5 characters and 15 tracks and make them DLC like other places have? That's bad.

But if the game goes gold and they want to add more stuff that isn't on the disk? By all means, take my money.
---
I have a Wii U. WEEEEEEE
#6georgethecow4Posted 4/23/2014 1:36:12 PM
manmouse posted...
season passes are shady. you're paying in advance for something that doesn't even exist yet, and which you have no knowledge or foresight of.

In regards to Mario Golf, though, they've told you what to expect and given a taste of it (likely with more to come as release draws near, although I can't prove that). If Nintendo does have MK8 DLC, hopefully it's the same way.
---
3DS FC: 3136-6598-7067 Name: Andrew
#7IngExBeinPosted 4/23/2014 1:36:45 PM
manmouse posted...

Nintendo =/= THQ, a dying company for years.