Kids games disguised as adult games?

#1TheMisterManGuyPosted 4/23/2014 5:47:57 PM
I made a topic similar to this on the Cartoons and Animation board you can check it out right here http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/203-cartoons-and-animation/69091078. But lets apply this to video games, have you ever come across a game that's supposedly aimed at adults, but is really just a kids game with sex, drugs, violence, and other "adult content" tacked on? I guess the closest thing is Call of Duty, due to how exaggerated it is. This wouldn't normaly be a problem if that's the point of the game, but CoD a lot of times takes itself waay too seriously, to the point where it becomes laughable.
#2Maverick_ReznorPosted 4/23/2014 5:49:33 PM
GTAV
---
Currently Playing : Titanfall, FFX/X2 HD, and Elder Scrolls Online
Looking Forward To: Destiny,Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Evolve The Order 1886
#3random_man9119Posted 4/23/2014 5:52:15 PM
I'll try to think of an example... But in the mean time: Gamefaqs has a cartoon and animation section?
---
PSN: Des-Nos|NNID: MrOddities
Currently playing: FFX/X2HD,FFXIV:ARR,SotC,Minecraft
#4TheMisterManGuy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 5:55:41 PM
random_man9119 posted...
I'll try to think of an example... But in the mean time: Gamefaqs has a cartoon and animation section?

Yeah, it's in the Special Interest - Non-Gaming section. I've been spending a lot of time there lately.
#5random_man9119Posted 4/23/2014 5:58:04 PM
TheMisterManGuy posted...
random_man9119 posted...

Yeah, it's in the Special Interest - Non-Gaming section. I've been spending a lot of time there lately.

Huh, didn't think Gamefaqs even had a non-gaming section... Interesting to know
---
PSN: Des-Nos|NNID: MrOddities
Currently playing: FFX/X2HD,FFXIV:ARR,SotC,Minecraft
#6SuigintouEVPosted 4/23/2014 5:58:31 PM
Maverick_Reznor posted...
GTAV

pretty much this.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#7TransdudePosted 4/23/2014 6:21:55 PM
random_man9119 posted...
TheMisterManGuy posted...
random_man9119 posted...

Huh, didn't think Gamefaqs even had a non-gaming section... Interesting to know

Dude, there's even have a Monty Python board.
---
http://www.dailymotion.com/Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/Transdude1996
#8DrumguyPosted 4/26/2014 3:11:42 PM
I can't think of any examples other than the ones listed, but I don't think either GTA or CoD were originally intended for kids - hence the content and ratings.

It's just kids' desires to play "adult" games so they can feel more like adults. I wanted to play Mortal Kombat and Doom when I was younger but wasn't allowed to. The ESRB was barely doing anything about game content back then.
---
The next person that replies to me with, "I know, right?" to me will be answered with, "No, you're wrong."
#9DahlVaughnniPosted 4/26/2014 4:49:45 PM
GTAV

This. When I tell people the game is childish and juvenile and shallow, they say things like "WHAT? No! You get to set people's houses on fire! And pistol whip hookers! And blow people up with a rocket launcher! And there's boobs!!"

Apparently those are mature, sophisticated features in games.
---
The Official Everything of Every board. Seriously, who decides this and what's the point? Are we 3?
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#10_The_Hitcher_Posted 4/26/2014 4:56:11 PM
DahlVaughnni posted...
GTAV

This. When I tell people the game is childish and juvenile and shallow, they say things like "WHAT? No! You get to set people's houses on fire! And pistol whip hookers! And blow people up with a rocket launcher! And there's boobs!!"

Apparently those are mature, sophisticated features in games.

I sincerely doubt anyone says anything like that, especially because 2 of them aren't even features in the game. Nice strawman.

I do wish people who don't like GTA would stop trying to act like their preferences make them better than others, and calling GTA V a kids game in any sense is just ridiculous.
---
PSN: ForeverLost