To anyone who thinks virtual console is expensive. How much should it cost?

#61Baha05Posted 4/26/2014 8:44:04 PM
Punda_Prime posted...
chrcol posted...
HighwayPilot posted...
GB-NES 50 cents
GBA-SNES 1 dollar
N64 1,5 dollars
DS 2 dollars
Gamecube 2,5 dollars

I'd rather just see a service were you can play any game from any of those systems for max 10 dollars a month(perhaps limited to a certain number of games per month).

this feels about right.

Unfortunately this price structure would mean acknowledging that emulators (and the internet) exist and therefore the vc pricing should take that fact into account. A company that regards online gaming as a passing fad is unlikely to make such leaps in logic.

Well no company is going to set these prices as the base prices, that is far too cheap.
---
"DLC has always and still means all downloaded content, but of course Nintendo fanboys always did and will bend logic to suit their ignorance."
#62AceMosPosted 4/26/2014 8:54:09 PM
i hate the its old so it should be dirt cheap mindset
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#63asmodai48Posted 4/26/2014 9:15:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#64chrcolPosted 4/27/2014 1:40:24 AM
Baha05 posted...
Punda_Prime posted...
chrcol posted...
HighwayPilot posted...
GB-NES 50 cents
GBA-SNES 1 dollar
N64 1,5 dollars
DS 2 dollars
Gamecube 2,5 dollars

I'd rather just see a service were you can play any game from any of those systems for max 10 dollars a month(perhaps limited to a certain number of games per month).

this feels about right.

Unfortunately this price structure would mean acknowledging that emulators (and the internet) exist and therefore the vc pricing should take that fact into account. A company that regards online gaming as a passing fad is unlikely to make such leaps in logic.

Well no company is going to set these prices as the base prices, that is far too cheap.

why is it too cheap? these are games that were developed already, there is no development costs, the only cost is emulation software and internet bandwidth. internet bandwidth for old games will be pitiful as they small.

The fact is emulators do exist, they offer options to improve the graphics, snapshot saves etc.. I am not going to spend 5 on snes zelda on my wii-u, thats just completely unrealistic. I also think its pure greed.
#65AwayFromHerePosted 4/27/2014 1:56:42 AM
Okay, on Playstation Network there are 219 PS1 games, and 89 PS2 games.

19 PS1 games cost $10 each, the other 200 cost $6 each. These are PS1 games, sizes ranging from 25MB to 1.8GB.

1 PS2 game costs $15, the other 88 are $10 each. These are PS2 games, sizes ranging from 500MB to 5GB.

So, why is Nintendo charging $5 for 400KB?
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#66squatch22Posted 4/27/2014 2:29:10 AM
AwayFromHere posted...

19 PS1 games cost $10 each, the other 200 cost $6 each. These are PS1 games, sizes ranging from 25MB to 1.8GB.

1 PS2 game costs $15, the other 88 are $10 each. These are PS2 games, sizes ranging from 500MB to 5GB.

Oh. So a game is only worth as much as its file size?
---
Nintendo is for kids?
http://imgur.com/TPDFYjG
#67n00bsaib0tPosted 4/27/2014 3:26:53 AM
AwayFromHere posted...

They're closer to 30mb. Unlike Sony, you don't just download a rom. The emulator isn't just in the firmware, it's bundled with the game so they can tweak it to ensure its actually compatible. Sony's method sucks given certain games flat out won't run in their emulator. I was pretty upset when I ripped and converted my personal PS1 collection to use on my PSP and half of my games either wouldn't boot or crashed after about 5 minutes.

And the file size doesn't determine worth. Quality does. Nintendo has certain games that no one wants, but SMB3 is worth more than Crash Bandicoot. Nobody wants Golf or 2xtreme and neither are worth $0.25 much less the $5 they are trying to charge for them.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#68arvilinoPosted 4/27/2014 3:41:06 AM(edited)
ReachOutToTruth posted...
The prices aren't terrible.

But this "rebuy games you already own for different systems" is crap and needs to go. Nintendo should honestly just copy Sony wholesale when it comes to their virtual console service.

I want to be able to say, buy Mario 2 on the wii u, and have access to it on any Nintendo console I own that has the same account linked to it and can play Mario 2. >.>

Didn't Sony have to limit it to two devices since people exploited the system to "share" the games with a single account between "friends"(random people online)?

Perhaps if you had to link the systems locally before they share the library, like a mini-system transfer with information written on the SD cards to verify that user is the owner of both specific systems(two WiiU's or two 3DS's or a WiiU and a 3DS).
---
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995
#69squatch22Posted 4/27/2014 3:40:06 AM
arvilino posted...

But this "rebuy games you already own for different systems" is crap and needs to go. Nintendo should honestly just copy Sony wholesale when it comes to their virtual console service.

I want to be able to say, buy Mario 2 on the wii u, and have access to it on any Nintendo console I own that has the same account linked to it and can play Mario 2. >.>

Didn't Sony have to limit it to two devices since people exploited the system to "share" the games with a single account between "friends"(random people online)?

Also...

U could download the games and then deactivate the system and the games would still work.
---
Nintendo is for kids?
http://imgur.com/TPDFYjG
#70n00bsaib0tPosted 4/27/2014 3:50:26 AM
squatch22 posted...
arvilino posted...

Also...

U could download the games and then deactivate the system and the games would still work.

Nope.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile