Backwards compatibility isn't really a reason to buy a console

#71QuestionmarktariusPosted 4/29/2014 9:25:21 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Get rid of the useless crap like bluray/DVD/cd play back, web browsers, apps, etc and just have them play the damn games.
But, going too far in that direction leads to Wii Mini.
One of these days, manufacturers will finally realize that "basic" and "crippled" are not synonyms.
#72AShockCipherPosted 4/29/2014 9:31:03 AM
Actually If WiiU didn't play Wii games I would have gotten it with the release of Smash Bros. and not at launch day. Now I get to enjoy all of those great Wii games before my life is consumed by the fires of Smash Bros.
---
"If you're gonna worry about Japanese ****, buy a Wii U."
- Michael Pachter
#73The_shoemakerPosted 4/29/2014 9:35:02 AM
I bought my PS3 because I was looking forward to playing PS3 games and PS2 games I missed out on. Turns out my PS3 wasn't backwards compatible, I don't play my PS3 anymore.
---
Check out the amazing band "ESCAPE THE FATE" right here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Me9nPk5ro
#74n00bsaib0tPosted 4/29/2014 9:57:34 AM
Questionmarktarius posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Get rid of the useless crap like bluray/DVD/cd play back, web browsers, apps, etc and just have them play the damn games.
But, going too far in that direction leads to Wii Mini.
One of these days, manufacturers will finally realize that "basic" and "crippled" are not synonyms.

Oh of course. The Wii Mini was a horrible idea without question. When I say this I mean the basic models would have access to retail games, digital games, DLC and online play. It's possible to allow digital games and not apps, google play has apps that won't show up for certain devices after all. So a deluxe could run apps as well, plus DVD/bluray/CD on top of what the basic does, then a backward compatible model above that.

I guarantee you sales would double. You would get the people who won't pay $400 for a game or two, and the people who will only buy it if it's BC even if it costs a little more.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile