I hope gamecube games have resolution upgrades, not just upscaled. (remaster)

#1knightimexPosted 4/26/2014 6:02:43 AM
Doesn't have to be a full blown remaster, but an upgrade to resolution rendering would be nice.

I don't want to play a 640x480 game upscaled to match 1080p.

*shudders*
---
Funniest Battlefield 4 picture ever.
https://i.imgur.com/dAYariw.jpg
#2knob1701Posted 4/26/2014 6:04:25 AM
I just hope we actually get GameCube games someday.
#3Gavin_RozeePosted 4/26/2014 6:18:57 AM
Please don't talk as though they're confirmed.

I doubt it'll ever happen because:

1. N64 games were promised 14 months ago.

2. GCN games are something that fans want.
---
Wii U Nintendo Network ID: "Gavintendo".
3DS Friend Code: 3625 8479 9870.
#4somebaconPosted 4/26/2014 6:24:13 AM
My gamecube still works and will probably work after my PS4 and Wii U stop working. I don't care if they ever release Gamecube games
---
bleisk
#5GeneraILukePosted 4/30/2014 2:27:25 AM(edited)
This is why I will never sell my Wii and am tempted to get another Wii just for back up since they are becoming less available these days and will soon no longer be sold in stores. My Gamecube only works when it wants to for some reason so I use Wii to play GC games. I have a good number of classic GC games and a lot of these games will likely never end up on the Wii U GC virtual console if they even ever get one just based on how limited the library of games are for their other virtual consoles.
---
PSN and XBL: GeneraILuke
^The 'I' is a capital 'i'.
#6MithrilMonarchPosted 4/30/2014 2:25:37 AM
Do they really need them though? GameCube games already look fantastic.
---
"What are you doing, Flame Mammoth? Don't be stupid!"
"DURR HURR HURR HURR"
#7XD375Posted 4/30/2014 2:49:46 AM(edited)
N64 games played at Wii's native resolution (performance was beyond what even the Expansion Pak could do) so it's reasonable to believe we'll get resolution upgrades again. That said, I'll be shocked if we even see GameCube games.
#8n00bsaib0tPosted 4/30/2014 3:25:57 AM
GeneraILuke posted...
This is why I will never sell my Wii and am tempted to get another Wii just for back up since they are becoming less available these days and will soon no longer be sold in stores. My Gamecube only works when it wants to for some reason so I use Wii to play GC games. I have a good number of classic GC games and a lot of these games will likely never end up on the Wii U GC virtual console if they even ever get one just based on how limited the library of games are for their other virtual consoles.

You do realize you won't be able to buy a BC Wii in stores right? At least not any store that doesn't sell used consoles. They removed that from the Wii years ago. That's kinda why people think it was stupid of people to expect the WiiU to be GameCube compatible.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#9GeneraILukePosted 4/30/2014 9:52:22 PM
I know of a store in my city that sells BC Wii's. They specialize in selling both old/classic game related stuff and new. They'd likely be hard to find in more prominent stores like Gamestop/EB Games that sell mostly new stuff but outside of that, they are still to a degree available.
---
PSN and XBL: GeneraILuke
^The 'I' is a capital 'i'.
#10mabber_IIIPosted 4/30/2014 9:58:09 PM
nintendo hasn't actually announced gamecube games, so don't get ahead of yourself

people assumed gba games were coming to the 3ds for years, and got burned by that assumption