Metroid Zero Mission or Metroid 1?

#1TruthsEdgePosted 4/26/2014 8:47:33 AM
Which do you prefer to play? - Results (52 votes)
Metroid Zero Mission (GBA)
92.31% (48 votes)
Metroid (NES)
7.69% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The Metroid series is my favorite video game series. But I must admit, I have never been able to bring myself to complete the original Metroid. (or Metroid 2, just some remakes) It is just too"old". The password saves, weaker combat, animations, and everything else.

I have completed Zero Mission several times. Zero Mission just seems to be a overall "better" game to me, and my third favorite Metroid. (MP1, SM, MZM)

How do the rest of you feel about zero mission compared to the original? Especially you all that played the original first.
---
Wii U ID: Aikoku-sha
3DS: 4656-6218-3929. PSN: xRadiant_Wolfx XBL: xRadiant Wolfx
#2AughtforNaughtPosted 4/26/2014 8:50:53 AM
The original is great and all, but Zero Mission really takes the cake. The controls are still spot on, just like the original, the graphics are well done, and the extra mission at the end really tops it off.

As a child playing Metroid for the first time was an amazing experience, the music perfectly captured the feeling of exploring an alien world as a tough as nails bounty hunter, that being said the remake is pretty much superior in every way.

If I recall right, which I may not, doesn't Zero Mission include the original as an unlockable?
---
What's harder to maintain than faith? Fideistic belief impresses me to no end.
Reason must be a slave to the emotions, no?
#3TruthsEdge(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2014 8:53:58 AM
AughtforNaught posted...
The original is great and all, but Zero Mission really takes the cake. The controls are still spot on, just like the original, the graphics are well done, and the extra mission at the end really tops it off.

As a child playing Metroid for the first time was an amazing experience, the music perfectly captured the feeling of exploring an alien world as a tough as nails bounty hunter, that being said the remake is pretty much superior in every way.

If I recall right, which I may not, doesn't Zero Mission include the original as an unlockable?

I agree, the extra mission is one of the best parts of the game.

And yes, Zero Mission does include the original. I think I was also in Metroid Prime 1.
---
#4sketchturnerPosted 4/26/2014 9:11:36 AM
I beat the original a few times and think it's great. But Zero Mission I have completed a couple dozen times. It is far easier to pick up and play.

In any case, it's very unfair to compare the two games. Zero Mission is a drastic remake so much that it is more like a completely new game that takes general inspiration from the map of the original.
---
My top 5 games:Metroid Prime 2:Echoes, Shadow of the Colossus, Donkey Kong Country 2, TimeSplitters 2, Trackmania:Build to Race
#5gotsporkPosted 4/26/2014 9:31:17 AM
you haven't played remakes of metroid 2

they don't exist.
---
mreow!
spork for president - metroid composite
#6SyCo_VeNoMPosted 4/26/2014 9:39:26 AM
sketchturner posted...

In any case, it's very unfair to compare the two games. Zero Mission is a drastic remake so much that it is more like a completely new game that takes general inspiration from the map of the original.

How I feel about zero mission to me it feels almost like a completely different game that is just based on the original. More like a shorter lighter version of Super Metroid
#7TruthsEdge(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2014 9:59:24 AM
gotspork posted...

they don't exist.

There are a few unofficial remakes. Some are pretty decent.
---
#8slumpcatPosted 4/26/2014 10:01:26 AM
Zero Mission is one of my favourite Metroid games too.
---
Live on the edge of edge living desire
#9gotsporkPosted 4/26/2014 10:12:07 AM
TruthsEdge posted...
gotspork posted...

they don't exist.

There are a few unofficial remakes. Some are pretty decent.

also illegal
---
mreow!
spork for president - metroid composite
#10Venom3DPosted 4/26/2014 10:29:30 AM
I prefer Zero Mission. The original Metroid hasn't aged well.