Is the Gamepad uncomfortable to use for anyone else?

#1Swan3624Posted 4/26/2014 10:29:44 AM
This is actually a rather new occurrence for me, but I used to be very comfortable playing with the Wii U Gamepad. But it seems like the more Mario-like games I play, where I have a habit of holding down the run button and pressing jump while still holding it, the more my wrist starts to hurt a lot.

It never feels this way when I play on my 3DS, 360, PS3, or One, nor when I'm typing on the computer. This is a completely unique occurrence with the Wii U Gamepad.

Playing with the Pro Controller obviously doesn't net me the same pain, but games like Rayman Legends require the Gamepad, which makes me a sad panda bear. :( I love Rayman Legends, but I can't play it for too long at a time, now, because my right hand just starts getting really uncomfortable.

Anyone else here have issues with Gamepad control hurting their wrist? Any tips to rectify this?
#2effenzoPosted 4/26/2014 10:32:40 AM
Actually yeah, noticed it recently. Playing metroid fusion for prolonged periods makes my hands ache but the worst bit is the right trigger brings up the wii u menu and I'm forever pressing it when I want to equip missiles or power bombs :/ there is a reconfigure option which should sort it :)
#3VidgmchtrPosted 4/26/2014 10:40:47 AM
Discomfort in hands and wrists just tell me it's time to stop playing and do something else.
#4Dark_guyverPosted 4/26/2014 10:49:26 AM
Nope, I think it's really comfortable to use.
---
NNID: deadly_force_01
#5n00bsaib0tPosted 4/26/2014 10:51:13 AM
No issues. I used it almost exclusively my first few months then I got tired of getting up to get it off the charger and mostly just use it for things that require it plus Wind Waker.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#6stargazer64Posted 4/26/2014 10:52:11 AM
Most comfortable controller ever, imo.
---
"They should have explained that in the tutorial so I wouldn't have wasted time adjusting my putts for wind." - desaigamon
#7heartlesshero17Posted 4/26/2014 10:56:52 AM
I enjoy the gamepad but I noticed with games like Revelations I cannot adjust to it as well while I felt much more natural with the pro controller despite only having it for like 2 days. But with Mario, Zelda and Sonic I have zero problems with either controller. Weird
---
"Traditional fish sex"
-Bill Nye
#8Maverick_ReznorPosted 4/26/2014 10:59:32 AM
no
---
Currently Playing : Titanfall, FFX/X2 HD, Dark Souls 2 and Elder Scrolls Online
Looking Forward To: Destiny,Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Evolve The Order 1886
#9Earthworm_JimPosted 4/26/2014 11:06:29 AM
Dark_guyver posted...
Nope, I think it's really comfortable to use.
#10denniedarkoPosted 4/26/2014 11:08:25 AM
I prefer the Wii U pro controller, but have no issues with using the gamepad.
---
Now Playing: Dragon Age: Origins (PS3), Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
Last Played: Metal Gear Rising, (8/10), DmC: Devil May Cry, (9/10)