Is the Gamepad uncomfortable to use for anyone else?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is the Gamepad uncomfortable to use for anyone else?

User Info: Swan3624

Swan3624
2 years ago#1
This is actually a rather new occurrence for me, but I used to be very comfortable playing with the Wii U Gamepad. But it seems like the more Mario-like games I play, where I have a habit of holding down the run button and pressing jump while still holding it, the more my wrist starts to hurt a lot.

It never feels this way when I play on my 3DS, 360, PS3, or One, nor when I'm typing on the computer. This is a completely unique occurrence with the Wii U Gamepad.

Playing with the Pro Controller obviously doesn't net me the same pain, but games like Rayman Legends require the Gamepad, which makes me a sad panda bear. :( I love Rayman Legends, but I can't play it for too long at a time, now, because my right hand just starts getting really uncomfortable.

Anyone else here have issues with Gamepad control hurting their wrist? Any tips to rectify this?

User Info: effenzo

effenzo
2 years ago#2
Actually yeah, noticed it recently. Playing metroid fusion for prolonged periods makes my hands ache but the worst bit is the right trigger brings up the wii u menu and I'm forever pressing it when I want to equip missiles or power bombs :/ there is a reconfigure option which should sort it :)

User Info: Vidgmchtr

Vidgmchtr
2 years ago#3
Discomfort in hands and wrists just tell me it's time to stop playing and do something else.

User Info: Dark_guyver

Dark_guyver
2 years ago#4
Nope, I think it's really comfortable to use.
NNID: deadly_force_01

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
2 years ago#5
No issues. I used it almost exclusively my first few months then I got tired of getting up to get it off the charger and mostly just use it for things that require it plus Wind Waker.
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile

User Info: stargazer64

stargazer64
2 years ago#6
Most comfortable controller ever, imo.
"They should have explained that in the tutorial so I wouldn't have wasted time adjusting my putts for wind." - desaigamon

User Info: heartlesshero17

heartlesshero17
2 years ago#7
I enjoy the gamepad but I noticed with games like Revelations I cannot adjust to it as well while I felt much more natural with the pro controller despite only having it for like 2 days. But with Mario, Zelda and Sonic I have zero problems with either controller. Weird
"Traditional fish sex"
-Bill Nye

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
2 years ago#8
no
Currently Playing : Titanfall, FFX/X2 HD, Dark Souls 2 and Elder Scrolls Online
Looking Forward To: Destiny,Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Evolve The Order 1886

User Info: Earthworm_Jim

Earthworm_Jim
2 years ago#9
Dark_guyver posted...
Nope, I think it's really comfortable to use.

User Info: denniedarko

denniedarko
2 years ago#10
I prefer the Wii U pro controller, but have no issues with using the gamepad.
Now Playing: Dragon Age: Origins (PS3), Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
Last Played: Metal Gear Rising, (8/10), DmC: Devil May Cry, (9/10)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is the Gamepad uncomfortable to use for anyone else?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived