Why did Nintendo make the 3DS's game library better than the Wii U's?

#1NordiniPosted 4/27/2014 12:49:36 PM
Was it intentional? Is there some logical reason behind this?

More profitable? Easier to develop? Even if the 3DS has been out longer, it seems a little ridiculous that the 3DS library is THAT much better than the Wii U's. It's almost suspicious.
---
Gentlemen understand that embezzlement, insider trading, tax fraud, and similar activities are not crimes. Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#2Sega9599Posted 4/27/2014 12:51:32 PM
Nordini posted...
Was it intentional? Is there some logical reason behind this?

More profitable? Easier to develop? Even if the 3DS has been out longer, it seems a little ridiculous that the 3DS library is THAT much better than the Wii U's. It's almost suspicious.

You joking, right? You put 'easier to develop' in question marks, as if you're not really sure if creating a game for the 3DS is cheaper and easier than creating a full HD game for the home console, the Wii U.
---
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....
#3vanguard29Posted 4/27/2014 12:54:39 PM
imo, the 3ds library is vastly overrated. it has some great games, but there is a lot of stuff i dont really care about. i think the two libraries are about equal, if the wii u isnt better. IMO.
---
"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you." - Malcolm Reynolds
#nintendoomination
#4Baha05Posted 4/27/2014 12:55:46 PM
1. The 3DS is easier to develop for

2. The 3DS has been out since 2011, the Wii U 2012. The 3DS has a 3 year lead on the Wii U
---
"DLC has always and still means all downloaded content, but of course Nintendo fanboys always did and will bend logic to suit their ignorance."
#5Granadico_Posted 4/27/2014 12:57:04 PM
I think its that Ninty tried helping out 3DS in its launch and bad year by giving it a lot of previously console series games, and now the Wii U doesn't have as much games to fall back on.
3DS got Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Kirby, Mario Golf, gonna get Smash, etc.
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) and M&L:DT (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#6Megamushroom666Posted 4/27/2014 1:01:05 PM
Nintendo is a Japanese company, Japan loves handhelds, so 3DS is their focus and it's great.
---
"Deep into that darkness peering..."
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.
#7Baha05Posted 4/27/2014 1:02:34 PM
Granadico_ posted...
I think its that Ninty tried helping out 3DS in its launch and bad year by giving it a lot of previously console series games, and now the Wii U doesn't have as much games to fall back on.
3DS got Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Kirby, Mario Golf, gonna get Smash, etc.

A good chunk of those games were known since 2011 though
---
"DLC has always and still means all downloaded content, but of course Nintendo fanboys always did and will bend logic to suit their ignorance."
#8ChemazanPosted 4/27/2014 1:10:09 PM
Because the Wii U was firstly targeted to the people who bought a wii solely for the wii sports/fit.
Little did they know, that same people don't care about HD graphics or the gamepad, they would rather buy a wii for 100 or less bucks than cash in 300 bucks for a Wii U that does exactly the same, play wii Sports/Fit
#9squatch22Posted 4/27/2014 1:11:47 PM
Chemazan posted...
Because the Wii U was firstly targeted to the people who bought a wii solely for the wii sports/fit.
Little did they know, that same people don't care about HD graphics or the gamepad, they would rather buy a wii for 100 or less bucks than cash in 300 bucks for a Wii U that does exactly the same, play wii Sports/Fit

Which is why Wii U didn't launch with those games and instead got Mario, NFS and other stuff... right?
---
Nintendo is for kids?
http://imgur.com/TPDFYjG
#10AhnoldDoodPosted 4/27/2014 1:12:57 PM
Chemazan posted...

That's why there was literally no Wii series title until almost a year later, right?

Dipstick.