Decision Time: Wii U or 3DS?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Decision Time: Wii U or 3DS?
1 year ago#1
Before I get the topic started, no, this is not a "which is better" topic. Its more of a "what should I get" topic. The Story:

I work at a retail store, this week there looks to be a good deal for the Wii U and the 3DS. For the Wii U, I get a free game with the purchase of the console, 3DS XL is $30 off. Recently, due to the "hard work" myself and others at our company, we are rewarded coupons allowing us %20 off total gm merchandise as well as our usual %10 employee discount.

I can buy a Wii U for ~$220*, with the choice of getting either the Wind Waker bundle with a free game, or Super Mario Bros. U/Super Luigi Bros. U and have Wind Waker as the free game.

I can buy a 3DS XL for ~$140*, maybe buy a 3DS game in the process to go with my regular DS games.

*I'm no math wiz, so I could be off or in the ball park.

Both systems have games I'm interested in, whether its Donkey Kong, Mario, Pokemon, or even Zelda. But since I still have a normal DS, I could hold off on the 3DS until the holiday season or so. This could be my first Nintendo home console since the N64.
"Tetris: that rampant sexual symbolism, inserting a piece into a slot repeatedly, is downright vulgar. Game needs an AO rating." LGCulgan
1 year ago#2
With MK8 coming in a month, I would say wii u. Also, it has a good number of exclusives that would make it worthwhile anyways.

The 3ds is a safer bet though, and arguably better.

I bought a wii u for bayonetta 2 and mk8, so if those don't sound appealing, get the 3ds instead.
1 year ago#3
Get whichever one you want.
1 year ago#4
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Get whichever one you want.

This. Deep down, you know which one you prefer. Go with that one.
1 year ago#5
If you have a DS but no console, I'd go for the Wii U. It opens a few new experiences, like motion controls, party games and couch multiplayer.
Have fun with whatever you like instead of telling people that they are having fun the wrong way.
3DS FC: 0748-3443-8121 (Safari: Panchan, Machoke, Riolu)
1 year ago#6
Get the 3DS.

Wii U's not a bad console, but the 3DS has some great games on it.
"What are you doing, Flame Mammoth? Don't be stupid!"
1 year ago#7
I was leaning 3DS until the last paragraph, as 3DS has had more time to develop its library. However, since 3DS and Wii U are both backwards compatible and you have a DS, but not a Wii, by buying a Wii U, you gain access to Wii's library as well as Wii U's, whereas the 3DS only opens up 3DS games to you.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
1 year ago#8
I say Wii U, since Smash and MK8 are coming out, plus you essentially get a Wii (which you never had), and you save more money since all the discounts are % based.
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) and M&L:DT (3DS) NNID:Granadico
1 year ago#9
3DS, the library is just better at the moment. Get a Wii U later when the better games are released later this year. It's not like you won't get any more money this year... right?
1 year ago#10
Get the Wii U

Mario Kart 8 is around the Corner and is going to be awesome.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Decision Time: Wii U or 3DS?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived