'Must own' Wii U games?

#1imphihungPosted 4/28/2014 8:36:34 PM
Hey guys, really want to pick up some Wii U games and was wondering if you could suggest any
'must owns' for the system? Cheers!
#2Reverted_PikkonPosted 4/28/2014 8:52:10 PM(edited)
Super Mario 3D World
Pikmin 3
Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
Wonderful 101
Lego City Undercover
Rayman Legends
Wind Waker HD
---
It's okay! I'm a limo driver!
#3vanguard29Posted 4/28/2014 8:38:47 PM
ww, tw101, 3d world, TF

and mh, if thats ur thing. havent played it yet, but pikmin 3.
---
"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you." - Malcolm Reynolds
#nintendoomination
#4LunarEclipse03Posted 4/28/2014 8:46:55 PM
If you havent played it on Gamecube, Wind Waker HD is pretty good. Mario 3D world and Luigi U are pretty good as well.
#5imphihung(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 10:00:54 PM
Thanks for the suggestions so far, guys!

Out of the following: Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3 andDonkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, which would you guys recommend the most?

Also, with Monster Hunter, I was thinking about picking it up, but seeing that 4 Ultimate is supposed to be releasing early-ish next year on the 3DS, would it be better to wait for that?
#6wrightreyesrockPosted 4/28/2014 10:52:08 PM
Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Super Mario 3D World
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut (If you haven't played the original)
---
3ds friend code: 0301-9944-0120 IGN: Tom
White friend code: 0605-6392-0651
#7BlackPhoenix127Posted 4/28/2014 11:22:09 PM
imphihung posted...
Thanks for the suggestions so far, guys!

Out of the following: Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3 andDonkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, which would you guys recommend the most?

Also, with Monster Hunter, I was thinking about picking it up, but seeing that 4 Ultimate is supposed to be releasing early-ish next year on the 3DS, would it be better to wait for that?

Out of those three it all depends on your personal preference. 3D World is Mario of course. It's pretty easy going throughout the majority of the game but it ramps up towards the end and the post game stuff. Donkey Kong would offer you more challenge. Pikmin 3 is a lot of fun. It's nice in that you don't have to be a pro at RTS type games to get through it but more experienced players can still challenge themselves by trying to rise up in the online leaderboards.

While MH4 is coming out sometime next year, you wouldn't be losing anything by diving in to Tri Ultimate. They may both be MH games but the actual content overlap is pretty minimal with both games having a fairly diverse and unique set of monsters aside from series regulars such as Rathian/Rathalos.

I'd also strongly suggest Wonderful 101, Arkham City, and Assassin's Creed IV. Resident Evil Revelations and Zombi U are also decent to get a good survival horror fix.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#8MithrilMonarchPosted 4/28/2014 11:23:52 PM
Mario 3D World is the only must-have I've played so far. NSMBU is also fun, but not everybody's into that series.
---
"What are you doing, Flame Mammoth? Don't be stupid!"
"DURR HURR HURR HURR"
#9AguacatonPosted 4/29/2014 7:12:56 AM
The Wonderful 101, pikmin 3, mario 3d world, ZombiU.
you can also try this games:
Monster Hunter 3 U. (online play)
Call of Duty ghost (online play)
Deus Ex human revolution (great game and excellent use of the gamepad.)
need for speed most wanted U (pretty good racing game)
Ninja gaiden 3 RE (fine and difficult game)
---
NNID: Codiepo
PSN: Aguacaton