Play Nintendo - Announcing Nintendo @ E3 2014 with Reggie and Mega64

#41nonexistingheroPosted 5/1/2014 8:06:10 AM
MKing88 posted...
I'm really wondering why people (who most likely will watch online anyway) care if Nintendo does a ND or a conference. Like what was posted earlier, unless you're there in person it makes absolutely no difference.

Makes absolutely no difference if you watch your favourite band live in concert or just buy an album, am I right?

Just shut up -__-
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#42ZeroArcheryPosted 5/1/2014 8:13:56 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
MKing88 posted...
I'm really wondering why people (who most likely will watch online anyway) care if Nintendo does a ND or a conference. Like what was posted earlier, unless you're there in person it makes absolutely no difference.

Makes absolutely no difference if you watch your favourite band live in concert or just buy an album, am I right?

Just shut up -__-

Uh, one is music, the other is video game announcements. Hell, even more of a glaring flaw, you can't even go to E3. So a Direct would be even more appropriate.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#43nonexistingheroPosted 5/1/2014 9:13:56 AM
You don't get the point. The experience is entirely different. Part of the fun of E3 for me is all the excitement & hype around it. The live streams allow me to be part of the experience that is roughly halfway across the globe for me.

It's much like how the right atmosphere and scents improve the taste & experience of food. Eating a delicious dish alone is delicious. Eating it with your loved one in a romantic setting is an experience that you will never forget.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#44ZeroArcheryPosted 5/2/2014 9:09:47 AM
You don't get the point. The experience is entirely different. Part of the fun of E3 for me is all the excitement & hype around it. The live streams allow me to be part of the experience that is roughly halfway across the globe for me.

It's much like how the right atmosphere and scents improve the taste & experience of food. Eating a delicious dish alone is delicious. Eating it with your loved one in a romantic setting is an experience that you will never forget.

Then you're into following a crowd. I didn't agree with a lot of what the audience did in E3 last year. Shouting and screaming how awesome the PS4 is because they decided to reverse their DRM policies after seeing the Xbox One's abysmal reveal. The games didn't even get half that reaction, and everywhere you saw people declared it as the "winner" because they decided you could play used games on the console.

It also irritated me hearing the booing, or the applause that were louder than the trailer and gameplay itself. A direct to ME feed > A camera in the back of a room. If you crave that atmosphere so badly, watch a livestream of someone watching it. Or have a reaction video binge on YouTube.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#45ThatPersonGuyPosted 5/6/2014 8:17:01 PM
ZeroArchery posted...

Then you're into following a crowd. I didn't agree with a lot of what the audience did in E3 last year. Shouting and screaming how awesome the PS4 is because they decided to reverse their DRM policies after seeing the Xbox One's abysmal reveal. The games didn't even get half that reaction, and everywhere you saw people declared it as the "winner" because they decided you could play used games on the console.

It also irritated me hearing the booing, or the applause that were louder than the trailer and gameplay itself. A direct to ME feed > A camera in the back of a room. If you crave that atmosphere so badly, watch a livestream of someone watching it. Or have a reaction video binge on YouTube.

Or watch someone watching a livestream. Or watch someone watching that person. Or watch the watchmen watching the watcher of the watchers. Watch watch watch.
---
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it"
- Arthur Dent, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
#46Sad_FacePosted 5/6/2014 8:43:10 PM
Press conferences and Directs have their perks. Directs nowadays have gotten incredibly creative. In fact, the Smash Direct was so good with all the Nintendo references and how much it poked fun with at the fans, especially the competitive crowd, that I'd put it on par with the SSBB reveal trailer and almost as good as a replacement for the Dojo. It's practically assured that the DE has moved passed the old style of ND and is going to packed with fun all the way through. However, with press conferences, no matter how long, monotonous, and tedious it can be, hype is contagious. When the crowd goes wild, you'll feel it and this hasn't been replicated through a ND yet.

So I can see why people are disappointed with there being no conference, as they are two different styles and it's a matter of preference; if you were impartial to the last 3 directs and this past announcement, then you'll probably be indifferent to the DE (not necessarily the announcements) as well.
---
http://i.imgur.com/YYsr5Fo.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Ggm1rlp.gif
#47SyCo_VeNoMPosted 5/6/2014 8:48:43 PM
Ranmaru-2 posted...
Star fox 6
Metroid prime 4
2D metroid (fusion sequel)
3D donkey kong
F-zero GX 2
3D pokemon game (like colosseum and XD)
Golden Sun 4
3D kirby game
Paper mario 5 (like the first two games)
Fire emblem (console game)

If nintendo does not announce at least two of those games at E3, I'm giving up on them.

Ok give up as honestly there is almost a 0% chance of any of those being announced.
#48metalmariolordPosted 5/6/2014 8:51:52 PM
THey should use Fils a Mech to coerce more thirds into making games for Wii U.
---
"Marry me with my... money..."-Simon Greedwell.Best game statement ever.
http://burymewithmymoney.com/