Hmm, "new system"? Interesting...

#21Enigma149Posted 4/29/2014 1:55:19 PM
mike468 posted...
Well according to this article Nintendo has not one but two new consoles in the works. Both a home console and a new handheld:

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/21/nintendo-is-working-on-a-new-console-and-handheld-called-fusion-ds-and-fusion-terminal-massive-rumor/

...a CableCARD slot...?

CableCARD isn't even used outside of America, and in America, third-party DVRs are almost non-existent.

That alone should disprove the rumor, even if we somehow accept the fact that Nintendo has, apparently, managed to get a GPU equivalent to the $399 Rx 290 into a console and, somehow, created a process for mass-manufacturing HDVs that doesn't result in multi-thousand dollar price tags for disc drives, and gotten their hands on large quantities of DDR4 memory that isn't even expected to appear in consumer PCs until 2015, yet somehow still thinks 3G and 802.11n are up-to-date technologies and that combining DDR4 and DDR3 for the system memory is a good idea.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#22arvilinoPosted 4/29/2014 2:04:32 PM
CoolioKDude posted...
either QoL (please no)
2DS XL
or a Wii U rebrand without the gamepad. 2DS XL seems most likely to me.

Why? Isn't the whole point of the 2DS to be a budget handheld? It wouldn't make much sense to make a more expensive model.
---
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995
#23MithrilMonarchPosted 4/29/2014 2:07:20 PM
arvilino posted...
CoolioKDude posted...
either QoL (please no)
2DS XL

Why? Isn't the whole point of the 2DS to be a budget handheld? It wouldn't make much sense to make a more expensive model.

What the heck would a 2DS XL even look like? A door?
---
"What are you doing, Flame Mammoth? Don't be stupid!"
"DURR HURR HURR HURR"
#24Enigma149Posted 4/29/2014 2:08:10 PM
arvilino posted...
CoolioKDude posted...
either QoL (please no)
2DS XL

This.

Now, I could see some sort of 3DS revision, maybe something with the build quality of the 3DS XL but in a form factor around the size of the 3DS. Perhaps they'll do a "half generation upgrade" like they did with the DSi.

Other than that, though, I can't see anything happening. Maybe a QoL platform, but I honestly think this was just something left in the code from years back (given the 2013 site had the same thing in it) they forgot was in there until people started reporting it.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#25EoinPosted 4/29/2014 11:38:02 PM
CoolioKDude posted...
nintendo has removed the "new nintendo system" from the source code. does this change things?

No. It meant nothing that it was there, since it was there last year. It equally means nothing that it's now not there.
#26Noke0Posted 4/30/2014 12:15:19 AM
Looks like they used Fox or Chrome and edited themselves. Took a picture and said there is a new system.

Lol, the way everyones fooled nowadays.
---
Nintendo ID - oBluEx ; GT: oBluEx
Currently Playing: Many PC, PS 1-2, Xbox, Nintendo and various handheld games.
#27cloudtheprophetPosted 4/30/2014 2:21:14 AM
2DSi XL lite LL
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet Xbox Live: Cloudtheprophet
#28IndyJuniorPosted 4/30/2014 2:51:41 AM
It is going to be a Wii U with a 3D gamepad and a steering wheel accessory to click it into. It will be bundled with a new F-Zero game. It will also include a voucher to download two new characters/vehicles for F-Zero; Batman (in his Batmobile) and the car from Daytona USA.

Source: One of my friends work at Nintendo.
#29n00bsaib0tPosted 4/30/2014 3:23:02 AM
Has anyone considered the possibility of an update similar to what Sony did with the PSP? The 1000 had less ram than the 2000, 3000, Go, and the offline only model (E1000?). The 1000 could still play all the games though. Not sure exactly how they pulled it off, but the newer models had better performance during game play.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#30mcsmellingtonPosted 4/30/2014 3:27:36 AM
They know everyone's forgotten about the Wii U now, so they're going to re-announce it as a new console and hope to reignite interest.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington