Is Ubisoft one of the few third-party devs that actually "gets it"

#31squatch22Posted 4/30/2014 2:17:18 AM
king_madden posted...
Zerothma posted...
IMHO, Ubisoft is pretty bad for a 3rd party developer. They don't "get" anything. They just happen to make good games every once in a while.

they dont "get it" yet make good games that people enjoy?

i think its mainly the online vocal minority who dont get it. your most hated devs tend to be EA and ubisoft, the 2 largest(physically) video game companies in the world, so its pretty clear they are both doing something right, ubisoft has really come on this last 5-8 years or so, while EA has pretty much remained huge for quite some time now.

not a lot of companies can say that.

Nintendo makes games ppl enjoy ... yet its OK to bash them...
---
Nintendo is for kids?
http://imgur.com/TPDFYjG
#32Skill4ReelPosted 4/30/2014 2:18:49 AM
Considering the fact that I'm still waiting on a Ghost Recon: Online/Phantoms announcement from them confirming that it is back in development almost two years after they demonstrated it running on Wii U hardware. Also the fact that Ghost Recon: Online/Phantoms is the one Ubisoft game that I was anticipating playing on Wii U the most. I'm going to go with "No."
#33Tyronelio1Posted 4/30/2014 2:24:14 AM
Avirosb posted...
cris1ussen posted...
But since the topic was of Ubisoft with the WiiU, it was different

Well, Ubi did delay Rayman Legends for arbitrary reasons.
Then there's the uPlay bull that ain't fun on any console.

Uplay is great in console, it literally rewards you for playing their games.

Can't think of a better publisher out there tbh.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: FF: 13-3, NBA 2K13, Lego: Batman/LotR, DBZ Budokai HD collection, Hitman HD Trilogy and Sacred 2: Fallen Angel.
#34wyansasPosted 4/30/2014 2:38:38 AM(edited)
All their games besides Rayman feel kinda soulless to me. Their games are made by teams of like 600 people, and they feel like it too. No TLC. And the writing and acting in Far Cry 3 and every AC game are so bad in parts, it almost feels insulting. Ubi games are just OK. Pretty much every other third party dev does what Ubi does, only better.
---
3DS: 0216-0887-1344, PSN and XBL: wyansas
#35AvirosbPosted 4/30/2014 2:31:05 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Uplay is great in console, it literally rewards you for playing their games.
Wikipedia tells me these so-called rewards are basically DLC which serve to artificially lengthen game time.
How is that any different from unlocking new features within the games themselves?
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#36king_maddenPosted 4/30/2014 2:33:03 AM
squatch22 posted...
king_madden posted...
Zerothma posted...
IMHO, Ubisoft is pretty bad for a 3rd party developer. They don't "get" anything. They just happen to make good games every once in a while.

they dont "get it" yet make good games that people enjoy?

i think its mainly the online vocal minority who dont get it. your most hated devs tend to be EA and ubisoft, the 2 largest(physically) video game companies in the world, so its pretty clear they are both doing something right, ubisoft has really come on this last 5-8 years or so, while EA has pretty much remained huge for quite some time now.

not a lot of companies can say that.

Nintendo makes games ppl enjoy ... yet its OK to bash them...

As usual squatch misses the point AND tries to change the subject. Back in your groove I see.

@avi
Lol yes stand up to the masses while threatening and bashing all who don't agree, and calling people sheep for not being a part of the online minority hive mind.
#37king_maddenPosted 4/30/2014 2:45:56 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#38AvirosbPosted 4/30/2014 2:52:20 AM
king_madden posted...
Lol yes stand up to the masses while threatening and bashing all who don't agree, and calling people sheep for not being a part of the online minority hive mind.
Lol yes assumptions.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#39n00bsaib0tPosted 4/30/2014 3:05:57 AM
godplaysSNES posted...
squatch22 posted...
peter_kat posted...

Blame the garbage WIi U hardware and difficulty for devs trying to make it work.

Actually its been said its not difficult ...

Wii U development not being difficult puts even more blame on the weak hardware

No it doesn't. Lazy and incompetent developers are to blame. When you port 360 and PS3 titles to a more powerful console like the WiiU it shouldn't be worse.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#40monkeyspoonPosted 4/30/2014 3:15:45 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
squatch22 posted...
peter_kat posted...

Blame the garbage WIi U hardware and difficulty for devs trying to make it work.

Actually its been said its not difficult ...

Wii U development not being difficult puts even more blame on the weak hardware

No it doesn't. Lazy and incompetent developers are to blame. When you port 360 and PS3 titles to a more powerful console like the WiiU it shouldn't be worse.

Your assuming the wiiu is more powerful. The only devs I've heard that say the wiiu is powerful are on Nintendo's payroll. Unbiased devs say it's weaker in certain areas (mainly CPU ).
---
PS4>XB1>wiiu
Best game of 2013 = The Last of Us. It won the most game of the year awards.