Is Ubisoft one of the few third-party devs that actually "gets it"

#91SuigintouEVPosted 4/30/2014 2:47:00 PM
Lefty128k posted...
And you guys still turn your back on their new, original, third party games so you can buy 2 generation old HD ports.

WWHD outsold ZombiU.

I'm glad it did. It's the better game.

I have both, and I'm glad we have ZombiU but at the end of the day it's a typical western 3rd party game while WW HD is a special experience.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#92Cubfan082Posted 4/30/2014 2:55:40 PM
Iokua posted...
VeiledGenesis posted...
Iokua posted...
They've abandoned the Wii U, their 3ds support is nonexistent, and there is little indication of that ever changing. They do not get it. They're a less powerful EA, obsessed with sequels and have no faith in consumers. They are a part of the problem.

Iokua, I know you're better than this. Just because they don't support Nintendo doesn't mean they are a bad developer/publisher. A lot of the games they make nowadays are better off on PC anyway. Just look at the Far Cry series. Every console iteration has been neutered horribly.

Yes, yes, look at the generic shootar gamz, look at the dozen Assassin's Creeds, look at the constantly delayed Beyond Good and Evil 2, look at the imitation jRPG that stole the battle system of a classic series then shoehorned multiplayer in, look at what they've done to Splinter Cell and then glare right at the season pass they started, the day one DLC that costs more than their recently released imitation jRPG, look at all the anti-consumer, pro big business, bullshotted Watch Dogs bull**** they engage in on a daily basis. The fact that I put it into Nintendo terms does not somehow mean that Ubisoft is not EA Junior.

what is Nintendo then? 25 dollar Luig Bros add on? Pikmin DLC that should have been on the disk already?

60 dollas games and 330 dollar bundles? Anti third party practices?

Give me a break...
---
Regarding teaching pigs to sing: "It wastes your time and annoys the pig" ~Mark Twain
#93wombatkiddPosted 4/30/2014 3:02:11 PM
I'd like to know what pimin dlc you think should have been on disk since all of it was developed months after the original game. Or why you seem to think getting an entire new games worth of levels for $25 is a bad thing. Or how selling games at the same price as everyone else makes nintendo worse than them. Or how getting a new game for half price when you buy it with a system is bad.

Oh never mind. It's a Cubfan post. Logic doesn't enter into it. My bad.
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#94IokuaPosted 4/30/2014 3:03:21 PM
Cubfan082 posted...
Iokua posted...
VeiledGenesis posted...
Iokua posted...
They've abandoned the Wii U, their 3ds support is nonexistent, and there is little indication of that ever changing. They do not get it. They're a less powerful EA, obsessed with sequels and have no faith in consumers. They are a part of the problem.

Iokua, I know you're better than this. Just because they don't support Nintendo doesn't mean they are a bad developer/publisher. A lot of the games they make nowadays are better off on PC anyway. Just look at the Far Cry series. Every console iteration has been neutered horribly.

Yes, yes, look at the generic shootar gamz, look at the dozen Assassin's Creeds, look at the constantly delayed Beyond Good and Evil 2, look at the imitation jRPG that stole the battle system of a classic series then shoehorned multiplayer in, look at what they've done to Splinter Cell and then glare right at the season pass they started, the day one DLC that costs more than their recently released imitation jRPG, look at all the anti-consumer, pro big business, bullshotted Watch Dogs bull**** they engage in on a daily basis. The fact that I put it into Nintendo terms does not somehow mean that Ubisoft is not EA Junior.

what is Nintendo then? 25 dollar Luig Bros add on? Pikmin DLC that should have been on the disk already?

Give me a break...

A $25 add on that was standard operating procedure back in the day, is as long as the entire game, is available as a stand alone, and is a different take on the NSMB style. Also, you have a problem with paying the standard price for games and saving $30 when the alternate would be to spend $300 on the console and $60 on the game? I'm not saying Nintendo is wholly innocent, far from it, but to compare them to a company like Ubisoft? The difference is nearly night and day.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#95SSJ4CHRISPosted 4/30/2014 3:16:49 PM
king_madden posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
Nintendo fans won't like ubisoft for long now they are dropping wiiu support. Notice how many of their upcoming games are not on wiiu. And ones that are like watchdogs are delayed.

cant hate a business for making smart business decisions. there really is no reason to make a game on wiiu, so any 3rd party game you guys get you should appreciate and cherish. even the old ports you got were better than nothing.

You must be new here. Nintendrones hate EVERYONE that don't make games for Wii U, then they hate those that do and call all of their games "bad ports" as excuses for why they ignorantly refuse to buy the games they claim would work well on the Wii U.
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
#96Christopher BelmontPosted 4/30/2014 9:40:23 PM
peter_kat posted...
Christopher Belmont posted...
Would have liked see them do a better job on the Assassin's Creed ports... No reason for the 15fps garbage in IV during ship deck fights...

Blame the garbage WIi U hardware and difficulty for devs trying to make it work.

Someone's WAAAY behind the times, aren't they? :P

Wii U hardware being underpowered has been DEBUNKED by several sources at this point... If it can run at 30fps on a 360, it could run at 30fps on the U...
---
When the going gets tough, kick going in the balls!
#97Cubfan082Posted 5/1/2014 8:24:01 AM
SuigintouEV posted...
Lefty128k posted...
And you guys still turn your back on their new, original, third party games so you can buy 2 generation old HD ports.

WWHD outsold ZombiU.

I'm glad it did. It's the better game.

I have both, and I'm glad we have ZombiU but at the end of the day it's a typical western 3rd party game while WW HD is a special experience.

...an experience I had over ten years ago, and if not for the free download I would never need again.
---
Regarding teaching pigs to sing: "It wastes your time and annoys the pig" ~Mark Twain
#98Cubfan082Posted 5/1/2014 8:28:22 AM
Iokua posted...
Cubfan082 posted...
Iokua posted...
VeiledGenesis posted...
Iokua posted...

Give me a break...

A $25 add on that was standard operating procedure back in the day, is as long as the entire game, is available as a stand alone, and is a different take on the NSMB style. Also, you have a problem with paying the standard price for games and saving $30 when the alternate would be to spend $300 on the console and $60 on the game? I'm not saying Nintendo is wholly innocent, far from it, but to compare them to a company like Ubisoft? The difference is nearly night and day.

the difference is that Ubisoft is making money on selling games to the competition of Nintendo. I don't care for RPG games, but I have heard that Child of light is a better game than bravely default. Do you think their will be similar adoption rates?

I highly doubt it, because it isn't a Nintendo published game.
---
#99SegavsCapcomPosted 5/1/2014 8:32:21 AM
I don't play many Ubisoft games, but the ones I have played are all consistently excellent.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#100AvirosbPosted 5/1/2014 8:40:30 AM
Cubfan082 posted...
...an experience I had over ten years ago
I didn't.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.