Nintendo NEEDS to make a player licensed sports game

#1iKhan88Posted 5/2/2014 11:02:48 PM
Firstly, Nintendo HAS published player licensed sports games before like NBA Courtside.

Now that that's established let me explain something. The sports game genre is SEVERELY lacking right now. While there is no dearth in sales, variety is hurting badly. EA makes the only Football, Hockey, and Soccer games, 2K makes the only Basketball game, and Sony makes the only Baseball game. Adding insult to injury, all of these are realistic Sim games. Nothing like the Backyard Sports series, EA's Street series, all the fantastic Midway exaggerated realism games, of arcade style play like NBA Courtside.

What we are left with is a genre that is monopolized and monochrome.

And Nintendo is THE company to break through. Some exclusive licenses are for 3rd Parties only. The Wii U has almost no sports games, severely limiting advertising to adults. Lastly, Nintendo excels in the animated or exaggerated style sports games of old, the ones that are truly lacking. Literally all they have to do is go get a damn license for league players, and replace Mario with real players sports fans have familiarity with. (Though a realistic baseball game not on a Sony console that doesn't suck ass would be nice too)

Unfortunately Nintendo seems way too thick headed nowadays to see the dire need for these games and the massive benefit they could provide. They probably think that player licenses "Don't Fit" with Nintendo. Just like online "Doesn't fit" in Mario Party despite Island Tour being a brick without it.
---
"That does not excuse the things we have done. It is merely a motive, not a justification" --Kratos Aurion
#2FlyinTonitePosted 5/2/2014 11:07:28 PM
Nintendo needs about 10 genres of games they won't be able to cover due to lack of third party support, they need more than just sports titles.
---
I tell the ladies I have an active social life, unfortunately GameFAQs is my social life.
#3iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2014 11:10:31 PM
FlyinTonite posted...
Nintendo needs about 10 genres of games they won't be able to cover due to lack of third party support, they need more than just sports titles.

Yes, but Sports is the best place to start. It has the widest audience, is particularly lacking, and provides the most advantageous advertising avenues.

FPS's and WRPGs would be nice, but they aren't nearly as important, and have been lacking from Nintendo consoles for a while.
---
"That does not excuse the things we have done. It is merely a motive, not a justification" --Kratos Aurion
#4AlexPumaPosted 5/3/2014 12:50:58 AM
You mean like the Ken Griffy Jr series they used to develop and publish? I'd be up for a revival of that series, it was awesome.
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott
#5king_maddenPosted 5/3/2014 1:20:44 AM
would be a good idea.

which means nintendo isnt likely to do it with wiiu.
#6squatch22Posted 5/3/2014 1:37:31 AM
NEEDS to?
---
Nintendo is for kids?
http://imgur.com/TPDFYjG
#7CubeTVPosted 5/3/2014 1:44:39 AM(edited)
king_madden posted...

It's still possible for a new Mario Golf/Tennis/Party/Paper to come out, just in 2016 so they are seen milking it like the New Super Mario Bros. 2/U stuff. A goofy sport is better than no sport at all. As for the rest of the Mario spin-offs (Baseball and Soccer), unless there's a 3DS version of these, then they can be perfectly fine on the Wii U next, or even this year.
---
This will "save" the Wii U: A list I made of everything it's currently doing for anyone who owns one.
http://i.imgur.com/vRk0U6t.png
#8king_maddenPosted 5/3/2014 2:21:19 AM
CubeTV posted...
king_madden posted...

It's still possible for a new Mario Golf/Tennis/Party/Paper to come out, just in 2016 so they are seen milking it like the New Super Mario Bros. 2/U stuff. A goofy sport is better than no sport at all. As for the rest of the Mario spin-offs (Baseball and Soccer), unless there's a 3DS version of these, then they can be perfectly fine on the Wii U next, or even this year.

this is about a real sport with real people though.

@squatch
you dont agree that it would be a great idea? a baseball or football game both with a decent following, especially football. creating a decent quality football game, and the millions of football fans dying for something other than madden could potentially be a system seller for nintendo.

i think everyone would agree nintendo NEEDS to do anything that will attract more customers right?
#9SatragePosted 5/3/2014 3:03:58 AM
Hey, I'd be fine with Mario Hockey if they made it right.. x)
---
PSN: Satrage
Nintendo ID : Satrage
#10iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 3:17:01 AM
CubeTV posted...
king_madden posted...

But Mario Sports sort of misses the mark. People like to see their favorite sports players in a game. That was part of the appeal of the backyard sports series. Mario really just fills a generic role in sports games.
---