why do you think wonderful 101 sold so little?

#1thefabregas22Posted 5/5/2014 6:59:40 AM
It was an excellent game that imo deserved to sell quite a bit but it really didn't.

I don't understand why since if you're a wii u owner you should be picking up any decent exclusive for the console there is so why did nearly everybody miss out on this?
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#2NovaLevossidaPosted 5/5/2014 7:00:45 AM
It didn't look all that interesting. That's my guess.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#3thefabregas22(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2014 7:03:15 AM
NovaLevossida posted...

still one of the top exclusive games on wii u.

What's the point of buying a console that doesn't get third party support if you're going to ignore it's exclusives.
---
#4QlJGamerPosted 5/5/2014 7:04:35 AM
It was too kiddy, and it was new. Its the same reason I don't like none of the new cartoons on CN.

I like my kiddy not new kiddy. And it didn't like the controls when playing the demo
---
Quite Intelligent Judging
#5NovaLevossidaPosted 5/5/2014 7:04:59 AM
I guess the point is to buy things you find interesting instead of just throwing your money at everything that comes along to support a corporation. Most people weren't interested, and it didn't sell.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#6QlJGamerPosted 5/5/2014 7:07:17 AM
thefabregas22 posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

still one of the top exclusive games on wii u.

What's the point of buying a console that doesn't get third party support if you're going to ignore it's exclusives.

Exclusives can be third-party support, so

Fix it.
---
Quite Intelligent Judging
#7nonexistingheroPosted 5/5/2014 7:09:04 AM(edited)
--> While the graphical style is amazing, it's not one that attracts a lot of people.
--> Many reviewers bashed the game with false complaints such as it's short, frustratingly cheap, horrible design, unresponsive controls. Those aren't opinions, those are blatant lies made up as an excuse for the reviewer sucking. As a result, scores for the game ended up being rather subpar in general... obviously, an average score won't get people to give it more than a glimpse. I'm not saying the game is without faults, but there's a clear difference between facts and lies.
--> It's the kind of game that requires thoughtful, methodical play and experimentation & common sense to learn. It easily requires over 10 times as much effort as the majority of braindead action games we get these days... you know the kind that's popular.

#1 reason: Terrible marketing. Hardly any commercials and hardly any ads. Nintendo didn't even try to sell this game.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#8NarutoPosted 5/5/2014 7:09:06 AM
Platinum games simply don't sell.
#9thefabregas22(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2014 7:09:42 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
I guess the point is to buy things you find interesting instead of just throwing your money at everything that comes along to support a corporation. Most people weren't interested, and it didn't sell.

I'm not saying you should buy something to support a company, if I was saying that then I'd be a hypocrite because I've ignored games like wii fit u, wii party u and mario and sonic sochi big olympicano games.

I guess if it really didn't interest the majority of wii u owners then it makes sense not to buy it but a game like wii party u is a million seller. I would've thought the majority of gamers would go for wonderful 101 over wii party u and games like that.
---
#10Nath1343Posted 5/5/2014 7:10:08 AM
It's a game that appealed to a pretty niche audience.

I tried the demo and I could appreciate the game's quality but it just wasn't for me.
---
Favourite games: Golden Sun, DKC: Tropical Freeze, BioShock, inFamous, The Last of Us, EarthBound, Xenoblade Chronicles, Pokemon Y, FFXII, Ni no Kuni, Black Ops