This video proves the Wii U is next gen

#41HighwayPilotPosted 5/7/2014 3:13:26 AM
Looks great, nice lighting and effects that show it's beyond 7th gen. Too bad the water splashes are still simple sprites though.
#42godplaysSNESPosted 5/7/2014 3:17:50 AM
The art style is great and helps the visuals alot.

But don't go around promoting the game for having better visuals than 360/PS3 manages
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#43Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 5/7/2014 3:20:16 AM
I don't understand why Nintendo can't make 3D platformers with levels the size of these MK courses, instead of 3D World's small, boring, linear levels.
---
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U!
#44Miiri0Posted 5/7/2014 3:25:18 AM
Lordrv posted...
PS3 has better looking games.
#45SaltyBotzPosted 5/7/2014 3:28:27 AM(edited)
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
I don't understand why Nintendo can't make 3D platformers with levels the size of these MK courses, instead of 3D World's small, boring, linear levels.

Did you just criticize the sacred bull? Thats blasphemy.
#46nonexistingheroPosted 5/7/2014 3:29:57 AM
Megamushroom666 posted...
abear90 posted...
You people confuse art style with sheer graphical impressiveness.

Okay, first let me say that Mario Kart 8 looks good. It is visually appealing. It is bright, colorful, and plays smoothly. But to claim that this is a graphical showcase game is ridiculous.

I see someone else already posted links to Forza 4 and GT5 on PS3 and X360 for comparison to another racer. If you honestly think MK8 is more impressive than those, I'm sorry, but you are biased beyond belief.

I think you're suffering from realism bias if you really think that GT5 or Forza 4 are more technically impressive than Mario Kart 8.

Besides having mostly flat courses, flat building geometry, flat crowds, flat trees, etc. these games don't even run as smoothly as Mario Kart 8, which has tons of different elements going on at once. The racing sims may have excellent car models, but as far as track design and overall stage detail, MK8 is on a whole different level.

You'll notice popup and screen tearing in GT5 but I haven't seen this in any MK8 video released so far. You'll notice flat paper thin trees in Forza, but everything looks solidly rendered in MK8. Not to mention all the particle effects, reflective surfaces, dynamic lighting, etc.

'Cartoony' graphics don't necessarily mean simple, and once you realize this you'll start appreciating all the different elements MK8 throws on the track. Just take a good look around and you'll notice several minute details you're probably ignoring just because of the 'cartoony' artstyle.

Pretty much. Was about to imply he's the one suffering from realism bias. He says GT5 & Forza 4 look better based solely on the fact that they look realistic, rather than providing concrete examples of the detail in the environment, the power required to render those things, resolution, framerate, lighting, etc.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#47MithrilMonarchPosted 5/7/2014 3:38:55 AM
First of all, YouTube is capped at 30 FPS.

Second, that video doesn't prove anything, because the Wii U is a next generation console. Fact. The correct term is that it's an underpowered console.

But it seems that nobody on this website can get that through their head.
---
"What are you doing, Flame Mammoth? Don't be stupid!"
"DURR HURR HURR HURR"
#48AvirosbPosted 5/7/2014 3:44:41 AM
MithrilMonarch posted...
Second, that video doesn't prove anything, because the Wii U is a next generation console. Fact.
Factually wrong: Current gen console.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#49MithrilMonarchPosted 5/7/2014 3:46:06 AM
Avirosb posted...
MithrilMonarch posted...
Second, that video doesn't prove anything, because the Wii U is a next generation console. Fact.
Factually wrong: Current gen console.

This is true, actually. I tend to flip-flop because of the transition.
---
"What are you doing, Flame Mammoth? Don't be stupid!"
"DURR HURR HURR HURR"
#50Megamushroom666(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 12:06:04 PM
MithrilMonarch posted...
First of all, YouTube is capped at 30 FPS.
We all know this, and we also know that MK8 is confirmed 60fps.

Second, that video doesn't prove anything, because the Wii U is a next generation console. Fact. The correct term is that it's an underpowered console.

But it seems that nobody on this website can get that through their head.
Ok, and everything is underpowered compared to PC. What's your point?

---
Girl gets gangsta: http://youtu.be/xi-WLSEUV4U
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.