I can't even go outside of my f***ing room without my Gamepad disconnecting.

#13khcPosted 5/7/2014 3:14:49 AM(edited)
The range on this is horrible and it pisses me off because I'm hearing that some people can go all the way up/downstairs with theirs. What gives?

Has Nintendo addressed this problem yet?

btw, my tv/consoles are actually the closest thing to the door, so when I walk out into the hallway, it's a straight, clear line to my Wii U and it still loses signal strength.
---
----
-----
#23khc(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 2:40:31 AM
And it's definitely no the walls because when I was living in my old house I had it hooked up in my living room. No walls between the Wii U and the kitchen. I was able to test out the full 30ft, but even then the gamepad barely made ten steps.

I think I have an archived topic about that around here.
---
----
-----
#3AvirosbPosted 5/7/2014 2:45:17 AM
Interference.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#43khc(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 2:51:08 AM
Interference from what? There's nothing else here.
---
----
-----
#5AvirosbPosted 5/7/2014 2:54:01 AM(edited)
3khc posted...
Interference from what? There's nothing else here.
The government. Stay alert and wait for the sign. Until then, act like "normal"...
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#6STN79Posted 5/7/2014 2:56:05 AM(edited)
Either something is blocking the signal or it's defective. I had to send my Gamepad in to Nintendo when the range wouldn't even work literally a foot away from the console. That's not normal.

Mine only started acting up after i accidentally dropped it though. It fell off a chair no more than a few inches from the ground. Apparently the shock of hitting the floor must have jarred something loose and the range wouldn't work anymore. When it came back it was like a super Gamepad.
The thing stays connected all the way in the other end of my house now. Even through doors!
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#73khc(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 2:59:16 AM
STN79 posted...
Either something is blocking the signal or it's defective. I had to send my Gamepad in to Nintendo when the range wouldn't even work literally a foot away from the console. That's not normal.

Mine only started acting up after i accidentally dropped it though. It fell off a chair no more than a few inches from the ground. Apparently the shock of hitting the floor must have jarred something loose and the range wouldn't work anymore. When it came back it was like a super Gamepad.
The thing stays connected all the way in the other end of my house now. Even through doors!

Wow, I'm definitely going to send this in then.

I found my last topic. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64778602

These idiots were all talking to me like I was exaggerating. I'm glad that two years later I can finally make them eat their words. Sucks that I didn't send it in sooner. I hope Nintendo will take it.

I never dropped it or anything. This is how it was straight out of the box.
---
----
-----
#8STN79Posted 5/7/2014 3:11:05 AM
Yeah just send it in! If you've got a pro controller you don't even have to send away the whole system. Just the gamepad. That's what i did.
---
#93khc(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 3:14:07 AM
How long did it take and how much will it cost?

I do have a pro controller, but it's gonna suck not being able to play off tv for awhile. That's ok because it'll be worth it.
---
----
-----
#10STN79Posted 5/7/2014 3:32:12 AM
Should be a free repair if under warranty. If not they might have to charge you. Not sure how much though. Just tell them it was that way out of the box. Usually takes a couple weeks for returns.
---