So Wii U only sold slightly over 2 million last fiscal year.

#1parkourboybryanPosted 5/7/2014 7:18:17 AM
That's terrible no matter how you spin it. However, I'd like to point out that 75% of those sales came during the August-December period when they actually had games releasing on the system. So it's simple, while it may not reach the masses, it should still be able to keep its own niche of sales as long as Nintendo supplies it with games. Starting with MK8 at the end of this month, Nintendo should keep it supported with at least 1 exclusive per month, and with its biggest game MK8 kicking it off, I'd say it can possibly exceed the 3.6 mil forecasted by Nintendo, although not by much.
---
Anxiously awaiting the next Mirror's Edge.
Waiting for the day Capcom makes a true Survival Horror Resident Evil game again.
#2dnmtPosted 5/7/2014 7:19:48 AM(edited)
The Gamecube has sold more units in the same period of time as the Wii U. The Gamecube.
#3SegavsCapcomPosted 5/7/2014 7:20:23 AM
Okay. Now explain to me why I should care.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#4dnmtPosted 5/7/2014 7:21:48 AM
SegavsCapcom posted...

Do you really want another Dreamcast?
#5NarutoPosted 5/7/2014 7:22:32 AM
I guess the launch window hype has finally died down.
#6SegavsCapcomPosted 5/7/2014 7:24:26 AM
dnmt posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...

1. The Dreamcast has a fantastic library.

2. Nintendo is nowhere near as broke as Sega was during when they released the Dreamcast.

3. The Dreamcast actually sold well. It was Sega's financial state that did it in.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#7SpookyryuPosted 5/7/2014 7:25:47 AM
parkourboybryan posted...
That's terrible no matter how you spin it. However, I'd like to point out that 75% of those sales came during the August-December period when they actually had games releasing on the system. So it's simple, while it may not reach the masses, it should still be able to keep its own niche of sales as long as Nintendo supplies it with games. Starting with MK8 at the end of this month, Nintendo should keep it supported with at least 1 exclusive per month, and with its biggest game MK8 kicking it off, I'd say it can possibly exceed the 3.6 mil forecasted by Nintendo, although not by much.

the good thing about this is that after the insane sales of WII they are on earth now and the projections are more accurate now, its really hard to be in the top and learn how to get up
#8parkourboybryan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 7:27:16 AM
Naruto posted...
I guess the launch window hype has finally died down.

It died down a while ago. They need to advertise the damn system. The last advertisement I saw for it was Pikmin in August. Meanwhile, I see PS4 ads everywhere. Even beginning to advertise the system would do great for it. But what they really need is the games.
---
Waiting for the day Capcom makes a true Survival Horror Resident Evil game again.
#9parkourboybryan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 7:35:35 AM
Spooky, you have a point. At least they set a goal that they know they can hit. If they exceed it by a lot, great, but they should have no problem hitting it with MK and Smash Bros on the horizon.
---
#10dnmtPosted 5/7/2014 7:40:54 AM
SegavsCapcom posted...
dnmt posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...

1. The Dreamcast has a fantastic library.

2. Nintendo is nowhere near as broke as Sega was during when they released the Dreamcast.

3. The Dreamcast actually sold well. It was Sega's financial state that did it in.

Fantastic library aside the Dreamcast died prematurely. Do you want the Wii U to die prematurely is what I'm asking and holy God how did you not understand this implication to begin with?