Skylanders made Activision 2 billion so far. Nintendo should follow the example

#21o___OkamiPosted 5/8/2014 12:41:40 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
NFC sounds like the future of gaming for children. I don't mean that in a rude way--kids should have games geared towards them too.

Look at the Wii U's library. Nintendo needs to cater to "core" gamers, like, right now. Not dip further into the "toy" market.
---
They called you exotic. Which is just people talk for awesome. Which you are.
http://i.imgur.com/2DNHw1n.jpg?1
#22QuestionmarktariusPosted 5/8/2014 8:35:26 AM
o___Okami posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
NFC sounds like the future of gaming for children. I don't mean that in a rude way--kids should have games geared towards them too.

Look at the Wii U's library. Nintendo needs to cater to "core" gamers, like, right now. Not dip further into the "toy" market.

Then again, if you know your niche, go all in.
#23Juju_Architect_(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 8:40:30 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
Juju_Architect_ posted...
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/227753-skylanders-franchise-activision-q1-2014-sales-data

NFC is the future of gaming. Not VR. Not 3D. Not 4k resolution. And certainly not cloud gaming.

When is a serious NFC Pokemon game gonna come out?

Do you work for Nintendo or something? When did Gamers have to worry about profits?

Dude. I like NFC. I sold almost my entire console+ games collection to get future-proof Skylanders and Disney Infinity goodies.
Nintendo making more profit is good because I'm gonna like it.
---
Cavorting about affixing Gogol Horns to houses does not constitute looking after an entire colony, Juju. -Dunban
#24JobocanPosted 5/8/2014 8:42:04 AM
o___Okami posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...

"Core gamers"
Lol
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
Account got warned because I was marking trolls for moderation...
#25arvilinoPosted 5/8/2014 8:48:31 AM
o___Okami posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...

That's a pretty funny joke.
---
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995
#26SegavsCapcomPosted 5/8/2014 8:54:20 AM
I hope this is a joke topic.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#27QuestionmarktariusPosted 5/8/2014 9:03:20 AM
future-proof

What?

I suppose, at the very least, some kid can bash the little plastic guys together fifty years from now.
#28TomoEK9Posted 5/8/2014 9:19:23 AM
o___Okami posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...

Nintendo considers themselves a "toy" company so this move fits right in-line with their company beliefs.
#29jsb0714Posted 5/8/2014 10:21:36 AM
Pokemon exists since 1995... You're comparing it to a franchise that was made in the middle of the 7th gen.

Also this is 2b in Q1 2014. Not total sales of Skylanders series.

Let's see if it exists for 20 years then.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this