I honestly can't see the wii u going past 2015

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I honestly can't see the wii u going past 2015
1 year ago#1
I think that would be a decent life span for the wii u as its been nothing but trouble for nintendo since launch. I mean when your trailing behind the gamecube you have a huge problem along with only your first party games being released every 4 months. We know nintendo doesn't have very many games planned for the console. SMT X FE is most likely cancelled and yoshi yarn will be in 2015. With zelda being the last major release for the console like skyward sword was for wii.

Its a shame that nintendo went down this road with wii u it was a series of unfortunate decisions that did the system in. I really hope nintendo actually learns from this. With Qol talk becoming more prevalent it looks like they are ready to wrap up this unfortunate part of their history.
---
NNID Mstorm
Proud owner of PS4 since Day 1 Proud owner of Xbox One since 3/11/14
1 year ago#2
Rumors of the Wii U's death are greatly exaggerated. Let's wait to see what happens this holiday season before counting the Wii U out. We all know that Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. IV are gonna be beasts but maybe Nintendo has a few more surprises up their sleeve.
---
Speaking on condition of anonymity.
1 year ago#3
Grizzmeister posted...
Rumors of the Wii U's death are greatly exaggerated. Let's wait to see what happens this holiday season before counting the Wii U out. We all know that Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. IV are gonna be beasts but maybe Nintendo has a few more surprises up their sleeve.

All they need is to say "live action open world online MMORPG pokemon game" and that will be enough to get evey kid off of their tablets and onto the wii u.

Then make a stand alone stadium game with the NFC technology and they will print cash.
---
Regarding teaching pigs to sing: "It wastes your time and annoys the pig" ~Mark Twain
1 year ago#4
k
---
Breathe. Believe. Battle.
Current Steam Name: Handstand
1 year ago#5
The tables have turned for the Wii U. If their next year forecast of 3.6 mil is correct, then by April 2015, they will only have sold 10 million units.

Which means the Gamecube would still be beating them. Gamecube sold 10 million units in 21 months. (source: http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_GameCube)

Wii U released in Nov 2012, and April 2015 is 29 months in total. Which means even the Gamecube would be outselling the Wii U by 8 months.

That is if the estimate is correct; it could be worse, or it could be better. But I don't think the number will be too far in either direction. Is it too early to tell if it's completely dead or not? The console has only lived for 29 months by then, which is on the short end. I would give it another year, into 2016 before hitting the last nail into the coffin.

But if trends continue, yes, this will be one of the worse consoles Nintendo has released in all off it's years as a game company.
---
Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesnt care to, or he doesnt exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary.
1 year ago#6
Typical Murderstorm thread nothing to read here.
1 year ago#7
I don't see someone named murderstorm going past 2015 without being part of some public shooting.
---
Sega Fan for Life
1 year ago#8
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
Typical Murderstorm thread nothing to read here.

---
NNID: deadly_force_01
1 year ago#9
^^^^
don't be that harsh. He's probably really good at fps games or something.
---
No one can face Censored Sensei!
1 year ago#10
This topic depresses me.
---
Girl gets gangsta: http://youtu.be/xi-WLSEUV4U
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I honestly can't see the wii u going past 2015

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived