Next Gen Nintendo needs to make the most powerful system on the market

#1iKhan88Posted 5/8/2014 9:17:49 PM
Those of you who know me know I usually don't care too much about power. BUT, I think if Nintendo took a gen to really create a powerful system with strong online feature, they could mend the bridges with 3rd parties that have been broken for a very long time.

Once those are fixed, it will be harder to lose them because there becomes a base of fans on Nintendo systems. The problem is that Nintendo hasn't had that strong relationship with 3rd parties, so the slightest error kills them.
---
"That does not excuse the things we have done. It is merely a motive, not a justification" --Kratos Aurion
#2nilesthebravePosted 5/8/2014 9:19:48 PM
That might work. Let's go ask N64 and GCN what they think
---
Anti-boner is a dangerous material. I isolated pure anti-boner and that is the reason why Germany has negative population growth.-Benamingaska
#3b1gt0nePosted 5/8/2014 9:21:24 PM
ps4 has the s******** games ever
#4iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 9:24:11 PM
nilesthebrave posted...

The GC was weaker than the XBOX and had almost no online features.

The N64 used cartridges, and was weaker than the 3DO and likely the saturn.
---
"That does not excuse the things we have done. It is merely a motive, not a justification" --Kratos Aurion
#5nilesthebravePosted 5/8/2014 9:25:43 PM
And both had better libraries than the systems they were weaker to <_<, meanwhile PS1 and PS2 were the weakest and dominated
---
Anti-boner is a dangerous material. I isolated pure anti-boner and that is the reason why Germany has negative population growth.-Benamingaska
#6iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 9:26:53 PM
nilesthebrave posted...
And both had better libraries than the systems they were weaker to <_<, meanwhile PS1 and PS2 were the weakest and dominated

You're completely missing the point. Did you even read the OP?
---
#7nilesthebravePosted 5/8/2014 9:31:21 PM
iKhan88 posted...
nilesthebrave posted...

Indeed I did. Then I pointed out how N64 was more powerful than PS1 and you countered with 3DO(lol like anyone knew it existed at the time) and Saturn(lol who's paying that much, especially after CD and 32X were awful?) and the cartridge(semi-valid), but conveniently forget that the N64 is where they began to lose all the third party support.

The GCN was only marginally weaker than the Xbox and outperformed it in some areas, and they bled the rest of the third party.

Having weird hardware with weird controllers turns devs off, not the lack of graphical power.
---
#8Shadowbird_RHPosted 5/8/2014 9:33:25 PM
iKhan88 posted...
nilesthebrave posted...

The GC was weaker than the XBOX and had almost no online features.

The N64 used cartridges, and was weaker than the 3DO and likely the saturn.

Don't these go against your idea? The Xbox was stronger than the PS2, but the PS2 got by far the greatest 3rd party support. Same with the N64 vs 3DO and Saturn, though the even weaker PS1 got far more than N64. It looks to me that you've disproved your own idea about power drawing 3rd party support.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#9Punda_PrimePosted 5/8/2014 9:39:15 PM
nilesthebrave posted...
iKhan88 posted...
nilesthebrave posted...

Indeed I did. Then I pointed out how N64 was more powerful than PS1 and you countered with 3DO(lol like anyone knew it existed at the time) and Saturn(lol who's paying that much, especially after CD and 32X were awful?) and the cartridge(semi-valid), but conveniently forget that the N64 is where they began to lose all the third party support.

The GCN was only marginally weaker than the Xbox and outperformed it in some areas, and they bled the rest of the third party.

Having weird hardware with weird controllers turns devs off, not the lack of graphical power.

Agreed, that and Nintendos seemingly pathelogical hatred for online gaming will send it the dustbin of history unless corrected. On the note of weird controllers, the snes was the last system with a normal controller style and also the last one to be able to compete toe to toe with the other big names of the day (wii did well but only by not directly competing with xbox and ps4)
---
Man who hesitates is not only lost but also miles from next exit
#10NovaLevossidaPosted 5/8/2014 9:42:52 PM
If they want to stay a gen behind in power, whatever, that's their choice. But they absolutely cannot stay behind a gen in terms of features. Simply increasing the power of the hardware isn't going to cut it if they don't do anything else. The Wii U is proof of that: it's around PS3 / 360 levels but it's lacking so many features. They need to get everything else together before they can think about competing on equal footing with hardware.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter