Next Gen Nintendo needs to make the most powerful system on the market

#21iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 11:00:19 PM
_Five_ posted...
The only rule to go by is that the most powerful system never wins

Between the SNES and Genesis, the SNES is the most advanced of the two overall. It came out on top. And while I hope the Wii U does better in the future, the PS4 is so far in the lead.

Neo Geo was more powerful than both. I'm not excluding consoles.
---
"That does not excuse the things we have done. It is merely a motive, not a justification" --Kratos Aurion
#22Lelouch71Posted 5/8/2014 11:38:20 PM
EternalDivide posted...
Their next console doesn't need to be the most powerful. It just needs to be comparable to the competitors.
That plus a unified online account system and a decent HDD is all they need to do.

This

Power doesn't mean squat. Games have and will always be the deciding factor (or in the PS4's case the promising future of having the games). Power is just the icing on the cake.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#23squatch22Posted 5/8/2014 11:43:09 PM
_Five_ posted...
The only rule to go by is that the most powerful system never wins

Between the SNES and Genesis, the SNES is the most advanced of the two overall. It came out on top. And while I hope the Wii U does better in the future, the PS4 is so far in the lead.

Neo Geo was more powerful than SNES.
---
Nintendo is for kids?
http://imgur.com/TPDFYjG
#24iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 11:44:11 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
EternalDivide posted...
Their next console doesn't need to be the most powerful. It just needs to be comparable to the competitors.
That plus a unified online account system and a decent HDD is all they need to do.

This

Power doesn't mean squat. Games have and will always be the deciding factor (or in the PS4's case the promising future of having the games). Power is just the icing on the cake.

It does. Power affects the platform 3rd party multiplats are purchased on. That is the key Nintendo needs to grasp with a new system, because they aren't coming from a point of strong relations. They are coming from a point of weak relations, so they need to pull a consumer base from opponents. If the power is competitive, but still lower, the system can't steal back the base it needs.
---
"That does not excuse the things we have done. It is merely a motive, not a justification" --Kratos Aurion
#25squatch22Posted 5/8/2014 11:48:50 PM
iKhan88 posted...
Lelouch71 posted...
EternalDivide posted...

This

It does. Power affects the platform 3rd party multiplats are purchased on. That is the key Nintendo needs to grasp with a new system, because they aren't coming from a point of strong relations. They are coming from a point of weak relations, so they need to pull a consumer base from opponents. If the power is competitive, but still lower, the system can't steal back the base it needs.

Which is why the weaker PS1 and PS2 took over...
---
Nintendo is for kids?
http://imgur.com/TPDFYjG
#26iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 11:52:30 PM
squatch22 posted...
iKhan88 posted...
Lelouch71 posted...
EternalDivide posted...

This

Which is why the weaker PS1 and PS2 took over...

The PS1 took over because Nintendo drove 3rd parties AWAY. The PS2 wasn't coming from a position of abysmal 3rd Party support, and didn't need to steal the consumer bases from other systems.
---
#27ZBug_Posted 5/9/2014 12:20:37 AM
iKhan88 posted...
nilesthebrave posted...
And both had better libraries than the systems they were weaker to <_<, meanwhile PS1 and PS2 were the weakest and dominated

You're completely missing the point. Did you even read the OP?

You're missing the point.
If Nintendo made the most powerful system, it wouldn't make 3rd parties just drop all their s*** and start developing games for it.

It's the lack of install base is why there is less 3rd party on the Wii u, not lack of system power.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" - Light Yagami
NNID: LLBCrook - PSN: ZBugCrook
#28donkeyjackPosted 5/9/2014 12:25:03 AM(edited)
iKhan88 posted...
nilesthebrave posted...
That might work. Let's go ask N64 and GCN what they think

The GC was weaker than the XBOX and had almost no online features.

The N64 used cartridges, and was weaker than the 3DO and likely the saturn.

64 was way more powerful than the Saturn. Back to thw topic. It needs to be way more powerful than the last gen consoles and not on par.
---
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8iln96Inq1rcx17bo1_250.gif
http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t543/necrofir3/zzzzzz_zpsa08e5666.jpg
#29STN79Posted 5/9/2014 12:35:29 AM
Yay the most powerful console means the most expensive one too!
Yep that's the way to go! Let's push power over gameplay and fun factor!
I want a beast system with no games like PS4!
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#30lambchipsPosted 5/9/2014 1:11:27 AM
meh, no matter how powerful next gen of consoles are, they will have nothing on PC's... As a PC gamer I couldnt careless about consoles power
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green