Super Mario 3D World 2

#1HeroC114Posted 5/12/2014 8:23:52 AM
After playing through this, is it just me who wants a sequel within the next two years?

Things I've been wanting...

Split Screen Multiplayer

We used to play split screen on an N64 with way below standard resolution. Ever play Dungeon Defenders on 360/PC/PS3? Does it perfectly. The Wii U is powerful enough to do this, especially at a lower resolution. This would only be needed if the game was open world, but I was mostly thinking about this because 3D Mario games mainly lack...

Flight

Why are SMB3, SMW, and SM64 the coolest Mario games? Flight. It has to control great though, and I think each game respectively handled it great for their time. For 3D games, I feel Mario 3s approach might be best, with limiting it, but allowing greater verticality in levels and secrets that aren't visible unless you're above the clouds.

Mario Kart 8 has it, more games should use it. Even if they limit it to 2 players, it would be perfect. What I would really want, and this would probably be asking too much, is drop in drop out multiplayer where friends can join right in the middle of your game.
---
Xbox Live GT: Hero C
NNID: HeroC114
#2fon1988Posted 5/12/2014 8:27:42 AM
All of these things are good ideas.

I also want a HUB world instead of the map screens we had in 3D world.
---
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom
#3Megamushroom666Posted 5/12/2014 8:27:53 AM
Split Screen Multiplayer - No.

Flight - Yes.

Online - No.
---
Girl gets gangsta with a shovel: youtu.be/xi-WLSEUV4U
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.
#4HeroC114(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2014 8:41:51 AM
Megamushroom666 posted...
Split Screen Multiplayer - No.

Flight - Yes.

Online - No.

Yep, good ol' blue borders around the screen are something you must enjoy a lot. Why online no? What would be so bad about online?
---
Xbox Live GT: Hero C
NNID: HeroC114
#5Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 5/12/2014 8:47:31 AM
Hell. No

3D World wasn't good. It was okay in multiplayer, but it's such a shallow experience overall, with no replay value.

It's good as spin-off or side game, but as a main 3D Mario, it was terrible
---
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U!
#6SlimeSwayzePosted 5/12/2014 8:50:50 AM
Nothing would be more disappointing that seeing another 3D World unveiled at E3. The only thing that would make it okay would be if they completely redefined how the game is designed and got rid of the cramped, linear levels. If they were to do those things, then I'd be fine with flight, split-screen, and online. But still, I'd like to see the "3D" series go away, and actually get a legit, large-scale 3D Mario game on the Wii U.
---
Currently Playing: Stranger's Wrath, Dark Souls 2, and Rayman Legends.
#7trenkenPosted 5/12/2014 8:50:53 AM
Please god no. 3d World isnt terrible, but its not even close to as good as Galaxy, and for them to just start using Mario to bang out dull safe sequels every 2 years, unacceptable. Remember the days when they used to spend 4 years working on one 3D Mario game, like Galaxy? Might as well just called this New Super Mario Brothers 3D. Would turn into the same boring crap if they are dumping out sequels after just 2 years.

3D World took less than half of Galaxy's dev time and it shows. Time to give it a rest and go back to the way it was, 5 years between each 3D Mario game to ensure that each one is incredible.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#8trenkenPosted 5/12/2014 8:54:50 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
Nothing would be more disappointing that seeing another 3D World unveiled at E3. The only thing that would make it okay would be if they completely redefined how the game is designed and got rid of the cramped, linear levels. If they were to do those things, then I'd be fine with flight, split-screen, and online. But still, I'd like to see the "3D" series go away, and actually get a legit, large-scale 3D Mario game on the Wii U.

How would they build a game like that for the U? I think most people would say that the U will be replaced in a few years. It would be 5 years old by then, and 3D World just came out. SM64 took 4 years, Sunshine a little shorter since it wasnt all that different from SM64. Galaxy took 4 years.

It only makes sense to me for them to start work on a big new 3D Mario game, and release it on their next system.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#9shinstrikePosted 5/12/2014 8:57:21 AM
I feel like its a good idea to maybe make a single player 3D mario and another Super Mario 3D world game, that includes online. Super Mario 3D world is an amazing game. Really fun, even if it didnt take them very long to develop , it felt incredibly fresh. Keeps the original Mario formula alive.
---
Pokemon X Friend Safari Galvantula, Electrabuzz, Pachirisu(Electric type), friend code 2766 8993 3310 3DS name Generic, Pokemon X name Land
#10brolynickPosted 5/12/2014 9:06:39 AM
No thanks, rather have an actual innovative Mario game again in the vein of Galaxy.
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.