Why one game will not save the WiiU

#1kingbadjoPosted 5/14/2014 3:13:34 PM
One game will not save the freaking WiiU. You know why? Because Nintendo will not advertise it unless it is Mario. So no matter how good the game is the only people who will know about it are people who are already gamers. They need to change... I mean CREATE an advertisement team!

There commercials give off the idea that it's just for kids. Why not advertise it saying it truly for EVERYONE. Have adults in there commercials, playing, kids, and college kids. Not just children telling their parents to buy them
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#2xnn3882Posted 5/15/2014 8:10:43 AM
This is the reason Nintendo is failing. When I talk to casuals they have never heard of Wii U. Here I live we NEVER see a commercial for Nintendo. Sony and Microsoft yes. But never Nintendo. Why?
Don't Nintendo see this themself? How do they expect to sell their product when noone knows it exicist or doesnt care for it? People that actually plays Wii U seems to like it. And it's a great system with good games. There is no reason for it to be not selling like crazy. I don't think the price is too high as some say. It looks right too me, for what you get.

They need to start advertising. But it may be too late. They should have done that from the beginning. If they do some big marketing when relealsing Mario Kart, they may sell more systems. But itĘ's not enough to rely on the directs which is only seen by fans.
#3userfrigginamePosted 5/15/2014 8:14:38 AM
To be fair, they've had kids, teenagers, and adults in their commercials.
#4lunchbox2042Posted 5/15/2014 8:30:39 AM
What is this advertising you speak of? Is it something new?
#5CubeTVPosted 5/15/2014 6:02:53 PM
xnn3882 posted...
Here I live we NEVER see a commercial for Nintendo. Sony and Microsoft yes. But never Nintendo. Why?

They are advertising the Nintendo 2DS right now. An actual Nintendo system instead of a Wii 2. Once the QOL platform comes out, I hope it brings Nintendo back to consoles.
---
This will "save" the Wii U: A list I made of everything it's currently doing for anyone who owns one.
http://i.imgur.com/vRk0U6t.png
#6kaliskonigPosted 5/15/2014 6:04:08 PM
The fact that Iwata thinks one game can save the wii u, makes me think E3 is about to suck yet again.
---
Smash 4 DREAM Roster:http://imgur.com/DMrzJLe
Who will Sakurai murder next!?