Wii to Wii U Transfer a second time?

#1RoyHavenstonePosted 5/15/2014 6:11:37 AM
Been playing the Last Story's online mode on my Wii since it and my PS2 are the only consoles small enough to have on campus, and I don't want to lose all the online exclusive items. Will anything happen to data already transferred to my Wii U if I made a second transfer? And if so, can it be avoided?

P.S. Just to get this off my chest, I understand shutting down servers if popularity is dwindling for stuff like Pokemon: Battle Revolution, and if Nintendo want to make MK8 and Smash's online run better, but The Last Story is only 3 years old, technically, so it's a real shame I won't be able to appreciate more of it.
#2fon1988Posted 5/15/2014 6:21:57 AM
Ok hold on.

Are you saying that you already transferred everything from your Wii to your Wii U? And then you brought your Wii to campus and now you want to transfer all the data from your Wii to the Wii U, again?

I don't think it works that way. And what do you mean that some consoles are small enough to be on campus? The Wii U is barely bigger than the original Wii.

Does their campus police make sure your console is small?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm confused on what exactly your situation is.
---
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom
#3RoyHavenstone(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2014 6:50:04 AM
Sorry for confusing you, my campus has no such rule. What's important is that my Wii and Ps2 are the only consoles I have on campus because I didn't want to carry the U and its gamepad in a suitcase for fear of damaging the screen, I only found out about The Last Story's online exclusive features around about the time when it was announced the services was being shut down, which is why I decided to unlock them now, and I won't have access to my U until after the 20th of may.

I had a feeling it wouldn't work that way, though. Does that mean I'm out of luck?
#4fon1988Posted 5/15/2014 7:13:01 AM
I do believe you are out of luck unfortunately.

Since the game has access to Wifi you are unable to save your file on an SD card and transfer it over, and I am nearly 100% sure that you do not want to do another system transfer as it may erase what you have already transferred to your Wii U.

Also I completely agree with you that it's lame that Nintendo is shutting down ALL of their servers for the Nintendo WFC. I think games like The Last Story and Mario Kart Wii should still be playable online.
---
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom