Article: How Nintendo can fix the Wii U right now

#1a_fartn_SpartanPosted 5/15/2014 2:11:29 PM
https://games.yahoo.com/news/nintendo-fix-wii-u-now-150035381.html

I'm gonna have to agree on most of what this writer said. But we've argued all these points before on here, but maybe after Xbox is selling without a Kinect, Nintendo may do the same thing.

I truly think making the GamePad optional is a good idea. Well...that is if Smash Bros doesn't use it for anything totally awesome like controlling bosses or something.

I specifically like this point:

"Nintendo tried to use the gamepad to sell the Wii U. It didnít work. Get rid of it as a mandatory part of the Wii U bundle. Youíll have a cheaper product that more consumers will buy, and they can always buy a game pad separately if they really feel like they need one."

The writer is blunt with his points, there is no sugar-coating it, because Nintendo isn't in a position with the Wii U to mess around and wait for PS4 & X1 to get Uncharted and Halo released (which is probably 2015). I personally think they should do something asap. What do you guys think?
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
Rare, you will be missed.
#2trenkenPosted 5/15/2014 2:16:29 PM(edited)
Pretty much agree with him. The gamepad is not helping. It just isnt. Its hurting their cause by it jacking up the price of the system to $300.

How in the world is this only worth $100 less than the other 2 systems that are far stronger, and have far more dev support? That makes no sense and people in general understand that, so they arent buying it.

I bought the U, but I have money to burn so im not an example of the average consumer.

---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#3Cris888Posted 5/15/2014 2:23:01 PM
Yes, please dump tablet controller, no one wants it
---
XBL: LACris88
#4AstralFrostPosted 5/15/2014 2:24:00 PM
I agree with everything said. Clearly the gamepad isn't an attractive feature to potential buyers and should be put to rest. Microsoft saw that kinect was holding them back from PS4 despite selling much better than the Wii U in the same timeframe. Not sure why Nintendo is so stubborn as to hold on to the gamepad until its last dying breath when its clearly not working.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#5ZenithianHeroPosted 5/15/2014 2:29:44 PM(edited)
Yeah... that's quite pointless. Making it separately sounds reasonable, but they are going to be thinking of new games to use the gamepad.
The console revolves around the gamepad, they would have to spend money to overhaul the interface and Miiverse.

Focus on games, why spend more money and effort into changing the gamepad that may not even work as effective as having games on the table?
---
My blog | http://zenithianhero.tumblr.com/
Bring SEGA games to the West | http://www.segalization.com/
#6somebaconPosted 5/15/2014 2:32:48 PM
The gamepad is great...they just haven't made enough games that really show what it can do.
---
bleisk
#7n00bsaib0tPosted 5/15/2014 2:35:26 PM
Cris888 posted...
Yes, please dump tablet controller, no one wants it

The number of DS and 3DS units sold proves that the game pad concept is a hit. Nintendo doesn't need to drop their best concept they need to support it.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#8Depth_scrollPosted 5/15/2014 2:46:41 PM(edited)
What makes you think that turning the Wii U into a Nintendo-franchises-in-HD-only console will help them in the long run? Nintendo can only bet on their classic franchises with light Gamepad implementation, as well as their glorified tech demos that use it more (Wii Sports is an example) to help shape their future entries, as well as third parties, in case they want to lend an original concept and/or spin off.
---
"We're all bisexual, like shades of grey that get close to black or white,
which are extremes on a sexual orientation meter." - Valkeerie
#9Mecha SonicPosted 5/15/2014 2:45:21 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
The number of DS and 3DS units sold proves that the game pad concept is a hit. Nintendo doesn't need to drop their best concept they need to support it.

3DS has undersold horribly
---
http://i.imgur.com/iMNC6RU.jpg
#10Baha05Posted 5/15/2014 2:46:18 PM
The only way to help the Wii U is not to drop the gamepad but increase game production, buy more 3rd party exclusive titles, and update their online.
---
"DLC has always and still means all downloaded content, but of course Nintendo fanboys always did and will bend logic to suit their ignorance."