Article: How Nintendo can fix the Wii U right now

#11somebaconPosted 5/15/2014 1:49:06 PM
Baha05 posted...
The only way to help the Wii U is not to drop the gamepad but increase game production, buy more 3rd party exclusive titles, and update their online.

---
bleisk
#12WickedSickJoshPosted 5/15/2014 2:00:27 PM
I like the gamepad controller but we could easily do without it. The damn gamepad caused a lot of damage, including:

- Awkward multiplayer. Only one gamepad can be synced at a time, leaving us to leave old Wiimotes hanging around

- Scared off 3rd-party developers. They just see it as another gimmick and don't want to deal with it (even though they could just leave it blank or put something).

- If you're gamepad brakes, it's going to cost you a crazy amount of money. If you're getting it repaired or have to buy a new one from Nintendo, it's going to cost you.

- if you're not playing the Wii U then you better have that thing on the charger because the battery is crap.

I admit, being able to play Wii U games on the controller is pretty cool, but that's the only redeeming feature. The Pro Classic Controller is awesome, but unfortunately will cost you $50.
---
Currently playing: Dragon's Crown (PS3), Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), WWE 2K14 (PS3)
http://backloggery.com/WickedSickJosh
#13Depth_scrollPosted 5/15/2014 2:03:56 PM
Nintendo has a huge backlog of classics that go back to the ’80s. Even with just its own software from the Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Nintendo, and Nintendo 64, Nintendo could have a huge amount of games for people to stream or download on-demand.

Of course, Nintendo has something like this already: the Virtual Console. But that’s not cutting it. That digital store has people buy retro games individually. You also don’t see more than a couple new additions every week. Nintendo needs to forget about the Virtual Console concept. Let Wii U owners gain access to a massive catalog of Nintendo classics, and they’ll happily pay a monthly fee for it.

I disagree with this. The monthly fee probably wouldn't cover the cost of putting every Nintendo game available for download, knowing people wouldn't buy them all. Why buy Metroid when you can have Super Metroid, or Zelda when you can have A Link to the Past? Nintendo's selection makes sure you purchase games of lower quality before the best are available. They have a release window to scout sales and interest on similar franchises.
---
"We're all bisexual, like shades of grey that get close to black or white,
which are extremes on a sexual orientation meter." - Valkeerie
#14somebaconPosted 5/15/2014 2:05:17 PM
WickedSickJosh posted...
I like the gamepad controller but we could easily do without it. The damn gamepad caused a lot of damage, including:

- Awkward multiplayer. Only one gamepad can be synced at a time, leaving us to leave old Wiimotes hanging around

- Scared off 3rd-party developers. They just see it as another gimmick and don't want to deal with it (even though they could just leave it blank or put something).

- If you're gamepad brakes, it's going to cost you a crazy amount of money. If you're getting it repaired or have to buy a new one from Nintendo, it's going to cost you.

- if you're not playing the Wii U then you better have that thing on the charger because the battery is crap.

I admit, being able to play Wii U games on the controller is pretty cool, but that's the only redeeming feature. The Pro Classic Controller is awesome, but unfortunately will cost you $50.

Awkward mutiplayer can be resolved by selling gamepads separately.

I haven't broken a controller since I was 8

The battery is better than the PS4 controllers

As for the 3rd-party developers...I got nothing
---
bleisk
#15KyoReiseTaisenPosted 5/15/2014 2:05:35 PM
Mecha Sonic posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
The number of DS and 3DS units sold proves that the game pad concept is a hit. Nintendo doesn't need to drop their best concept they need to support it.

3DS has undersold horribly

LMFAO.
#16Felix6464Posted 5/15/2014 2:08:05 PM
First off, it a Yahoo article, which hurts it's credibility at the gate. Second, everything I expected from a usual clickbaot article was there (dropping gamepad, price cut, etc.). Simply dropping the gamepad isn't going to work, the damage is already done and would inly cause more confusion. I doubt it would even help MS, so they might as well go with it.
---
GameFAQS makes 9gag look intelligent and sane. 9gag!
#17Steelix500Posted 5/15/2014 2:08:49 PM
" Let Wii U owners gain access to a massive catalog of Nintendo classics, and they’ll happily pay a monthly fee for it."

Nope
---
Currently Playing: Megaman X8, Pokemon Soul Silver, Megaman Anniversary Collection,Star Wars: Dark Forces, and Megaman X Command Mission
#18AceMosPosted 5/15/2014 2:09:42 PM
Mecha Sonic posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
The number of DS and 3DS units sold proves that the game pad concept is a hit. Nintendo doesn't need to drop their best concept they need to support it.

its crushing the compitition
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#19MeepleLardiclePosted 5/15/2014 2:22:47 PM(edited)

If outpacing the DS, aka the best selling Nintendo console of all time, and 2nd best selling console of all time only behind the PS2 and it's massive lifespan, in the same lifespan is "underselling" then I think you may have to readjust your standards.

It only "undersold" last year because Nintendo set unrealistically high sales expectations, a trap they are not falling into again this year it seems.
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#20ND3sPosted 5/15/2014 2:27:11 PM(edited)
Keep the gamepad because it is very useful. Use it for inventory systems,stats, offscreen play, and browser browsing. It is the best controller I have ever used.It is very comfortable and is what make the Wii U stand out from the others. Besides, it is too late to change mid generation.The Xbox just launched a few months ago.
---
Next generation started November 18th,2012
Former NeoGaf user Name and current NNID:NandN3DS