Article saying that Mario Kart 8 likely be the worst selling Mario Kart game.

#41Heero0101Posted 5/16/2014 2:28:06 PM
Polygon not a credible source for anything not even a gaming site .How can this game be the worst selling when not released yet there stats are normally end of life productions of the systems so it's a while before we have a flat number on that game.
---
The Great Lord Shaberdingo
FC: 3067-5140-8896
#42RabitePosted 5/16/2014 4:17:08 PM
Don't worry about it, Polygon is just above Kotaku for trash "journalism". Also the article uses VGChartz for stats.
---
What's a rabite doing in a place like this?
If all else fails use fire - Zelda 2 | Common sense isn't
#43sonic777Posted 5/16/2014 4:50:37 PM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Don't you know any site talking bad about Nintendo has no credit and is irrelevant? Come on man MK8 will sell 30 million

I present to you Exhibit A:

Rabite posted...
Don't worry about it, Polygon is just above Kotaku for trash "journalism". Also the article uses VGChartz for stats.

---
The moderators will not use your past moderation history against you unless you have a past moderation history. If you do, they'll use it against you. Explain.
#44RabitePosted 5/16/2014 9:03:26 PM(edited)
"I present to you Exhibit A:"

Amusing, but not really valid. They are crap no matter what system/company they are praising/trashing. VGChartz has been known for years to be flawed, inaccurate and an unreliable source for statistics.

Polygon is made up of writers who got kicked off better sites. There's valid reasons to be worried about the Wii U's future, but I wouldn't read too much into what Polygon has to say.

Kotaku has a history of deleting comments that prove them wrong and making things up for hits.

Game journalism is a flawed prospect as is. They have no ability to find what they would need to actually break a story unless they break an NDA. They are reporters in so far as they report exactly what the companies let them know and nothing more. There is no investigation and rarely any thought out logic behind what few stories they do have. Previews are almost always fluff pieces when they aren't from a preview event dedicated solely to making the previewer think as highly of the game as possible. We've all seen games given glowing previews then get destroyed in reviews (especially user reviews).

Wait until after the game comes out to see how it fares, not some trash site trying to predict how it will do. I'm just hoping that I might be able to enjoy the game unlike the 3DS version. The only Mario Kart I've liked was Double Dash on GC and maybe Mario Kart 64.

"Sony got sued over rumble in their controller with the other two left alone iirc."

Nintendo and MS settled. I think Sony eventually settled then released the Dual Shock 3.
---
What's a rabite doing in a place like this?
If all else fails use fire - Zelda 2 | Common sense isn't
#45Robstar27Posted 5/18/2014 9:33:36 AM
I think it's sad that people are looking and hoping that this game is the Wii U's Lord and savior. One game alone does not save a system.
#46r7gerrabbitPosted 5/18/2014 9:35:34 AM
Robstar27 posted...
I think it's sad that people are looking and hoping that this game is the Wii U's Lord and savior. One game alone does not save a system.

---
Sig.
#47Maverick_ReznorPosted 5/18/2014 9:37:43 AM
r7gerrabbit posted...
Robstar27 posted...

Its even more sad that people are so bitter and full of malice that they want to see this game fail even though its a genuinely fun and great looking game.
---
Currently Playing : Titanfall, Dark Souls 2, Bound by Flame
Looking Forward To: Destiny,Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Evolve The Order 1886
#48Robstar27Posted 5/18/2014 9:43:28 AM
I wasn't dissing Mario Kart 8 I actually preordered it from Target and got the free key chain that came with it and look forward to playing it. I was simply pointing out that one game doesn't save a system. Loads of games save a system; like the 3DS for example.
#49Emerald_MeliosPosted 5/18/2014 2:01:29 PM
Maverick_Reznor posted...
r7gerrabbit posted...
Robstar27 posted...

Its even more sad that people are so bitter and full of malice that they want to see this game fail even though its a genuinely fun and great looking game.

That's because their console doesn't have "saviours."
#50lunchbox2042Posted 5/19/2014 8:12:05 PM
To be fair the console does have the smallest install base. The current install base is a tad over the lowest selling game to date as it is.