"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012
Parappa VA scammer diss song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtDU20PNNHY
#152MushroomMuncherPosted 5/16/2014 1:22:52 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/69210354

Topic:
PS4 Owners! Do You Also Own A Wii U?

TrueBlue91 posted...
Hell no. I only buy good consoles.

I wonder why he sticks around here all the time then.
---
The only thing in this topic that is 60FPS is the damage control. ~ Lucretia_Merces
#153NearWinsPosted 5/16/2014 1:29:34 PM
MushroomMuncher posted...

Topic:

TrueBlue91 posted...

To troll obviously.
#154SamA7XPosted 5/16/2014 2:05:11 PM
I hear watchdogs on the PS4 will only run at 30fps at the best of times. If the PS4 was "so powerful" why is Watchdogs still only 30fps? Don't give any daft answers about the game being too detailed to be 60fps because The Wii U will be running the exact same game at a later date, according to you guys the gap between Wii U and PS4 is almost infinite. Explain this.
---
3DS FC: 0318 - 7310 - 2801
#155king_maddenPosted 5/16/2014 2:36:20 PM
SamA7X posted...
I hear watchdogs on the PS4 will only run at 30fps at the best of times. If the PS4 was "so powerful" why is Watchdogs still only 30fps? Don't give any daft answers about the game being too detailed to be 60fps because The Wii U will be running the exact same game at a later date, according to you guys the gap between Wii U and PS4 is almost infinite. Explain this.

So because you had a flawed understanding of what "more powerful" meant you now want people to explain your short comings to you?

Ps4 is the most powerful home console out. Does that mean it will run anything that comes out on ultra settings? No, there are $800 PCs that can't do that so I'm not sure why you'd expect ps4 to do it. As for watchdogs yes it will be at 30fps, and wiiu will probably also be at 30fps but the difference being in resolution. Take project cars for instance ps4 is said to be hitting 1080/60 constantly while the wiiu version is confirmed 720/30. That's a decent size difference. Ps4 is stronger than xb1, which some view as a gap itself, xb1 is also stronger than wiiu, so that means that gap is even bigger.
#156GreatEclipsePosted 5/16/2014 3:00:37 PM
SamA7X posted...

The fact that this or that game is having problems meeting frame-rate or resolution benchmarks is also not very telling, as not every developer has the time/resources/knowledge to heavily optimize a multi-platform game, especially not early in a consoles life.

Seriously, why does anyone think one game proves anything? The system requirements for the PC version of Watch Dogs are absurd, the game may just be poorly optimized all-around, or it could just be extremely demanding in terms of its level of detail and design. Either way, I would worry about far more serious corners being cut in the PS3/360/Wii U versions, but we'll just have to wait and see. If Uncharted 4 turns out to run at 900p@30 FPS, then we can start talking about the PS4 as a sub-1080p machine (not that it be too big a deal if it was).
#157SpookyryuPosted 5/16/2014 3:02:50 PM
NearWins posted...
MushroomMuncher posted...

Topic:

TrueBlue91 posted...

To troll obviously.

he doesn't have a life, he also troll X1 board all the time, such a boring life
#158Lefty128kPosted 5/16/2014 5:40:38 PM
DaLagga posted...
Lefty128k posted...
What a great explanation.....

I especially liked how you actually named the specific components and listed their specs, instead of just flippantly calling them by thoughtless descriptors like "mediocre" and "low-end".....

Oh, wait.......

The GPU is basically a slightly beefier AMD 7850 which is indeed very mediocre and easily outperformed by GPU's released 3 years before the PS4 came out. The CPU is indeed based on a netbook processor (Jaguar) with 8 cores clocked very low at 1.6ghz and two of those cores are reserved for the OS. So yes, long story short, PC CPU's from 5+ years ago would easily outperform the PS4's CPU and PC GPU's more than 3 years old would outperform its GPU.

And that's not even taking overclocking or SLI/Crossfire configurations into account. The PS4 really is woefully underpowered for a modern console and it's facepalm worthy if Sony thinks this thing is going to last 6 to 8 years. It's already struggling to handle modern games with Watch Dogs seeing massive downgrades on the system, BF4 dropping down to 900p with massive framerate issues in larger games, and The Witcher 3 rumored to run at minimum settings on the PS4 compared to PC.

Why do you keep making the fail mistake of comparing a console to a PC?
Why not compare it to say.....another console? Perhaps your precious Wii U.

The PS4 is the most powerful home console to date, so your "modern console" standard is actually complete nonsense. PS4 is the modern standard.

The only thing "facepalm worthy" is the notion that little ol' you is just so smart you can out-think an entire R&D department of educated, and qualified professionals. They know how to make PS4 last 10 years, you don't.

And again, the failed and completely illogical comparison to PC.
#159SSJ4CHRISPosted 5/16/2014 5:44:13 PM
Another Nintendo lie. "All of our Wii U games will be in 1080p and 60 fps." Sure they are. And the gamepad has a huge list of "innovative" uses on the Wii U. Haha, that lie was even worse.
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
#160RatheVPosted 5/16/2014 5:45:20 PM
Digital foundry yet?