Mario Kart 8 confirmed for 720p

#161Auction SniperPosted 5/16/2014 5:59:46 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
Another Nintendo lie. "All of our Wii U games will be in 1080p and 60 fps." Sure they are. And the gamepad has a huge list of "innovative" uses on the Wii U. Haha, that lie was even worse.

To be honest it's not Nintendo's fault - a couple of journalists played the demo on a small screen kiosk box and called it 1080p, and suddenly it was somehow confirmed as being 1080p native.
---
If Three Dog were here, he'd say something witty. But he's not. 'Cause somebody killed him.
#162HayashiTakaraPosted 5/16/2014 7:17:01 PM
SaltyBotz posted...
HayashiTakara posted...
SaltyBotz posted...
EastCoastKody posted...
on ps4 it would be 900p 25fps

More like 1080p & 120fps.

Yeah just like how it did with last gen ports right? oh wait..

MK8 is not a complex 3D game. There isn't a lot of 3D objects to render, and the polygon count is really low. The textures are also quite low, and only appear to look decent because they're mostly one color textures with no neutral colors anywhere in them. For hair, its one giant block of yellow, etc. It mind boggles me that anyone thinks this game looks good. It looks like a fisher price toy set.

Don't make speculations, it just shows ignorance. You obviously have no real understanding of 3D, if you did, you wouldn't be spouting this bulls***
#163DaLaggaPosted 5/17/2014 12:31:58 AM
Lefty128k posted...
<Why do you keep making the fail mistake of comparing a console to a PC?
Why not compare it to say.....another console? Perhaps your precious Wii U.

Because a PC is the only valid benchmark for comparison since it represents the capabilities of top tier hardware. Past consoles were always much closer to a good PC than these new consoles are and as such it is fair to say that these new systems are incredibly underpowered. And I'm not sure where you got the idea that I'm defending the Wii U since I specifically mentioned that it is a full generation behind the PS4. The problem is, the PS4 itself already felt 2 or 3 years out of date on day 1.

The PS4 is the most powerful home console to date, so your "modern console" standard is actually complete nonsense. PS4 is the modern standard.

No. The standard is set by the PC and every top performing console from past generations has come much closer to a high end PC than the PS4 which is, at best, on par with a lower-mid range gaming rig. Never in gaming history has a top performing console ever used such dated hardware. With some overclocking and taking SLI/Crossfire configurations into account, there were literally gaming rigs 5+ years ago that were faster than the PS4. That has never been the case in the history of gaming. It would be like a PC from 2000 outperforming the x360 which was completely impossible.

The only thing "facepalm worthy" is the notion that little ol' you is just so smart you can out-think an entire R&D department of educated, and qualified professionals. They know how to make PS4 last 10 years, you don't.

Interesting how you defend their R&D department despite the fact that the PS3 is widely considered to be one of the most poorly designed consoles in history (split memory, a convoluted and restrictive CPU, and a GPU that was thrown in last minute because Sony realized the system wouldn't hold a candle to the x360 with the Cell alone). That being said, the PS4 doesn't seem to be poorly designed - it's just a cheap system where they obviously cut corners to keep the price down.
#164squatch22Posted 5/17/2014 12:35:30 AM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
Another Nintendo lie. "All of our Wii U games will be in 1080p and 60 fps." Sure they are. And the gamepad has a huge list of "innovative" uses on the Wii U. Haha, that lie was even worse.

Resolution matters... until 900p/30fps
---
900p/30fps-The NEXT GEN POWER of 5GB GDDR5 RAM.
Pacman/Ms Pacman are racist, sexist and homophobic.
#165king_maddenPosted 5/17/2014 12:40:32 AM(edited)
squatch22 posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...

what about all the 1080p/30fps games? or the 1080/60fps games? has it been confirmed that any nintendo made games are hitting those marks? surely all those cartoons, one of them should be there, theyre easy enough.

if 900p/30fps watch dogs is next gen power, does that mean the wiiu 720p/30fps(if that) confirm that wiiu isnt next gen?
#166LaventorPosted 5/17/2014 12:43:30 AM
king_madden posted...
if 900p/30fps watch dogs is next gen power, does that mean the wiiu 720p/30fps(if that) confirm that wiiu isnt next gen?

Next gen isn't decided by a console's power. Weaker than PS4 and Xbox One? Sure. However, it IS Nintendo's 'next generation' console.
---
Pokemon X/Y FC: 5412 - 9930 - 5608 - Please PM me with your FC if you add me :)
Friend Safari Dragon; Gabite, Noibat, Druddigon
#167king_maddenPosted 5/17/2014 12:46:14 AM
Laventor posted...
king_madden posted...

Next gen isn't decided by a console's power. Weaker than PS4 and Xbox One? Sure. However, it IS Nintendo's 'next generation' console.

according to his sig its next gen power.

so if thats next gen power, then much weaker than that cant be considered "next gen" as well. since thats what hes going by.
#168ZerothmaPosted 5/17/2014 12:46:54 AM
So, it's 60fps 720p?

If I'm reading this correctly, the one that matters far more is good, while the other that people have a hard time distinguishing is just ok.

I've seen polls where people heavily prefer 60fps 720p over 1080p and 30fps, so I know it's not just me that feels this way. The frames matter so much more that I'm not even sure why people sit around circle-jerking over resolution like this. I guess after the whole bit wars thing ended, people didn't have 8, 16, 64 bits to compare console-peens with so they needed new numbers. It's kinda sad.

I'd like to think that the actual game itself would be more important than tech numbers, but I guess that's too logical for modern gamers. People need to validate their purchases in some way, so they try so hard justify their purchase by putting down other consoles and games, and by extension (though often directly), their owners. Gamer culture really is pathetic.
---
3DS FC: 3909 - 7680 - 8446
"A delayed game is eventually good, while a bad game is bad forever."-Shigeru Miyamoto
#169squatch22Posted 5/17/2014 12:48:56 AM
king_madden posted...
squatch22 posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...

what about all the 1080p/30fps games? or the 1080/60fps games? has it been confirmed that any nintendo made games are hitting those marks? surely all those cartoons, one of them should be there, theyre easy enough.

Problem is... MK is 60fps
---
900p/30fps-The NEXT GEN POWER of 5GB GDDR5 RAM.
Pacman/Ms Pacman are racist, sexist and homophobic.
#170king_maddenPosted 5/17/2014 12:53:46 AM
squatch22 posted...
king_madden posted...
squatch22 posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...

Problem is... MK is 60fps

1080p? i mean that is what i asked. 1080/30 or 1080/60 are any nintendo games hitting THOSE marks.

yet again your failure to comprehend handicaps your response.

@zerothma
specs dont matter at all, fanboys/trolls just like to use it to either brag or taunt. take people like our buddy squatch here. he likes to use it to "taunt". while he fails to even completely understand any of it. the next fanboy will use it to brag about how their game can achieve 1080/60, until word is its only 720/60 then it turns into "well i only really cared about 60fps anyway". I like to make fun of them when it happens.